Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Redemptions
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted
Hi all,

I've started to collect redemption cards (both deemed and unredeemed) I was wondering if anyone else on the boards collects them?

I know promo collecting is a big thing.

I was quite suprised at the difference in some cards ranging from 2-200! Eek

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I've got a few, they are definitely part of the set. I like when the company sends the redemption card back with your prize.

Since Inkworks went out of business, I've picked up a few redemptions that I can't send in, and I'm happy to have them.

Posts: 2913 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tiggerhouse
posted Hide Post
I collect the unredeemed cards as well. So to make my set complete, I have to get one the redeemed cards and one of the unredeemed cards. Gotta have them...

Posts: 226 | Location: Saint Johnsbury, Vermont, USA | Registered: October 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I've always collected redemption cards.

Posts: 2509 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
I count redemption cards as part of a master set so I collect them for anything I am doing a master set of (typically DC, scifi). However, I don't try to do both redeemed and unredeemed.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
I do the same as Tangent : I collect them but I don't care if they are redeemed or not.
My main problem is when a company don't send them back (Artbox for my Harry Potter collection).

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I can understand people collecting redemption cards ( i have some myself ) because the card has a diffrent picture on it but i can't understand anyone wanting a set of redemption cards which are all the same except for the tick being in a diffrent box on the back.

..........but then hey what do i know. Big Grin

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Nice redemption card:

Posts: 2509 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
Haha, I have that RoboCop toy.

Anywho, I only collect redemptions if they look especially cool. I try not to obtain a master set for master set's sake. If I don't like the cards then I'll spend the money on other things.

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I wish they'd do a Robocop card set. I'd collect the redemption cards from it.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TC00:
Hi all,

I've started to collect redemption cards (both deemed and unredeemed) I was wondering if anyone else on the boards collects them?

Hi,

I was wondering which ones you have? I am looking for any from these sets: FPG, Ultraverse II, Hildebrandt 1991, Dark Dominion. Scans would be greatly appreciatedSmile

Thanks,
David

Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
I wish they'd do a Robocop card set. I'd collect the redemption cards from it.

If they made a RoboCop set, that is one instance where I would obsessively collect every single card, including redemptions haha. But I'd rather everything just come pack inserted of course. Maybe there will be a set for the upcoming remake that can encompass the original as well, one can dream...

But I have noticed a lot lately that redemptions are becoming more and more rare in the non-sport world and I greatly appreciate it.

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
One unusually valuable redemption card is the "Lucky Day" card in Simpsons Skybox 1993 Series 1. It could be redeemed for a card with a Matt Groening Sketch on it. There were 400 in all and it is believed less than half were redeemed. When they were redeemed, the original Redemption card was not returned along with the sketch card. Now, both cards are very valuable. While most would rather have the actual sketch with a drawing from the Simpsons creator on it, the Redemption card is particularly well designed, and such a card found only once in every 9,000 packs will always maintain an excellent value even if it is no longer good for the sketch.

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
I have this redemption short print from Star Trek Season 3 from Skybox:

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dont want to collect them but i do have some due to my addiction to Razor ink Vault boxes. Lots of InkWorks boxes.

Posts: 49 | Location: Hawaii | Registered: July 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
NICE! I've never seen that C card before.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpolis:
quote:
Originally posted by TC00:
Hi all,

Hi,

I was wondering which ones you have? I am looking for any from these sets: FPG, Ultraverse II, Hildebrandt 1991, Dark Dominion. Scans would be greatly appreciatedSmile

Thanks,
David

Hi David,

Sorry, I don't have any of those - I collect mostly Inkworks Redemptions and then others only if they have a particular interest to me.

Maybe you could Google/Search them to see if you can find images others have uploaded?

Good luck in the hunt!

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If you would like an Island Dreams redemption drop me a note

Posts: 7 | Location: On and island (I wish) | Registered: March 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post