April 18, 2014, 11:24 AM
wuher
eBay
Is the new pricing structure on eBay the death of trading cards on the site,

By that I mean single common chase cards and inserts -

I always pick up cards for £0.99 and $0.99
As long as the shipping is not ridiculous

Mark

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble
April 18, 2014, 11:49 AM
Graham
What new structure?
April 18, 2014, 12:12 PM
wuher
Minimum £0.35 listing fee
No 100 free under £1 free listings

But you do get 20 free any price listings

And my personal fav 10% fee on shipping already running

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble
April 18, 2014, 12:18 PM
wolfie
I've long since given up trying to buy low end anything, the postage costs just make it a non starter if the item is outside the UK.

Also I don't know how anyone can make money from selling low end stuff on ebay.

April 19, 2014, 10:53 AM
Bill DeFranzo
It's like an attempt to discourage low end postings. Too bad there has not been a spinoff or wholey-owned subsidiery catering to low end. It would still be a money maker with lower fees.

AKA: Promo Czar (self-appointed)
April 19, 2014, 11:55 AM
wuher
Moving more towards business sellers who pay shop fees etc

April 19, 2014, 01:17 PM
Kevin F
quote:
Originally posted by Bill DeFranzo:
It's like an attempt to discourage low end postings. Too bad there has not been a spinoff or wholey-owned subsidiery catering to low end. It would still be a money maker with lower fees.
Actually, there is something like it in the UK. eBay own Gumtree which has no fees in most categories. It is only for straightforward sales ads but is available and is getting a lot of promotion on TV through adverts.
April 19, 2014, 05:57 PM
dpolis
quote:
Originally posted by wuher:
Is the new pricing structure on eBay the death of trading cards on the site,

By that I mean single common chase cards and inserts -

I always pick up cards for £0.99 and $0.99
As long as the shipping is not ridiculous

Mark

I don't know about death? I get 50 free listings a month and eBay has a listing sale (listing for free) every once in a while. They had it once a month for the past 6 months. The sales can be over a week long so I can relist everything twice if I want with a 7 day auction.

David

April 19, 2014, 06:59 PM
Kevin F
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
What new structure?
He's talking about the changes for private sellers that eBay UK is bringing in next month. You can read the full details here in the official announcement:

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/uk/201...tml#2014-04-09130740

Not exactly my idea of 'A good surprise for private sellers'. Free listings are being reduced from 100 a month starting at 99p or under to 20 a month starting at any price. After you use up your free allocation, the minimum listing fee is 35p per item. If you are a private seller with a Basic Shop, they are reducing your 200 BIN/BO listings per month for £19.99p to just 100 per month, but they can be BIN or auction-style. Again, everything over your allocation will cost 35p. The only concession being that private shop owners will only have to pay 8% final value fees which is a useful reduction from the current 10%.

One thing that has appeared recently without much of a fanfare is that you get the option of automatically relisting auction-style and BIN items that don't sell three times automatically for free.
April 21, 2014, 04:06 AM
cheifbrody
There should be a permanent free listing, they take enough off you in sales charges,to pay 50p to list something that doesn't sell is money down the drain.
April 21, 2014, 12:52 PM
ifish73
You can also take a look at Checkoutmycards (COMC). They don't have a lot of non-sports but I know if I am looking for low-end Baseball and Football inserts you have a better chance of finding them there than ebay.

Never really used them but bidstart tried to compete with ebay as well.