Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Non-Sport Neighborhood
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-Sport Neighborhood
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted
How did anyone else like the "Non-Sport Neighborhood" feature in the June/July 2017 issue of NSU? I thought the interview with Card Talk member "Batman" was pretty cool. It made me want to see the "Batroom" and more of his collection.

How does a collector get selected for the feature? Are there nominations? It kind of reminded me of Beckett's old "Super Collector" feature in their sport card magazine.

Posts: 684 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I've been in the Batroom. It was well worth the full body scrub, patting down by security (going in and out), and the snug fitting hazmat suit Big Grin

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Was that because it's in New Jersey? Confused

Posts: 684 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Very nice article, written very well about a top collector. There was an equally good article in Volume 25 No.5 - Perhaps you missed that one.

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I must of missed it Frown
How many more have I missed???

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Very nice article, written very well about a top collector. There was an equally good article in Volume 25 No.5 - Perhaps you missed that one.

I went back and dug up that 25th Anniversary issue from 2014. It's amazing that a reprinted article from 1962's Sports Hobbyist (Yes, from 1962. It was then ran the 3rd Issue of NSU) resonates still today.

Of course, it was also nice to read how Cliff and Carol first became involved in the hobby, too Thumb Up

Hopefully, more collectors from the Non-Sport Neighborhood will be highlighted in upcoming issues Wink

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Really enjoyed reading about the James Bond collector in the Dec 2017/Jan 2018 issue! Great to see collectors in the printed magazine Thumb Up