Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fr. Guido Sarducci
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
What set is this card from?

Posts: 2198 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Does SNL stand for Saturday Night Live?

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Does SNL stand for Saturday Night Live?

Yes.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Assuming it was never released?

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
Assuming it was never released?

Might be that. Don't see it on Allender's checklist and the only card image links I got were for those shown in the blog or whatever that is. Says its from 2011, so you would think someone would know about SNL. It might have just been a test run or a proposed set that didn't pan out.

This is what I hate about the internet. Stuff comes up in searches that can be old, unidentified, made up or have nothing to do with what you're looking for no matter how you struggle to "word" the search. Big Grin

By the way, those card designs are lifted from older years of TOPPS Baseball cards, so don't know what that means either.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if this was actually a legit thing from Topps?

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems like it might just have been a parody the writers of that blog put together.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
It seems like it might just have been a parody the writers of that blog put together.

Could be, can't even say what that blog was for sure. Again another big problem with the internet that will actually serve to help ruin society years from now. Stuff just hangs out forever and searches call it up and no one can tell what's real or fake. A good parody is just stupid enough to be believable. Big Grin

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
It's not an actual card -- just a digital "What If?" fan-made mock-up. And a fantastic one at that.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but I want that card.

quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
It's not an actual card -- just a digital "What If?" fan-made mock-up. And a fantastic one at that.

Posts: 4374 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:

quote:

I want the set!!!

Sure would welcome a Topps SNL archives set over another boring Star Wars release.

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:

Hey Jess,

Save the image to your PC. Print it out. Cut it down to size and glue it to the front of the card of your choice.

Call it, things you can do with a digital card. I could think of a couple of others too. Big Grin

Raven

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey Raven,

Even better, I'm going to save the photo and print it out and see if my brother's girlfriend knows who Father Guido Sarducci is.

It's a game I like to play with my brother's girlfriends because they tend to be too young to remember things from the 70's. I think the game could get picked up by ABC for their game show night.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:

quote:

Hey Jess,

Save the image to your PC. Print it out. Cut it down to size and glue it to the front of the card of your choice.

Call it, things you can do with a digital card. I could think of a couple of others too. Big Grin

Raven

Posts: 4374 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
An SNL set would be cool. The autograph list would sample a wide variety of celebrities (cast, guests, musical guests). The sketches of moments from famous sketches could be great: Samurai Delicatessen, Two Wild and Crazy Guys, Gumby, Wayne's World, Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer, Christopher Walken in "Cowbell," that over-medicated character Cheri Oteri did, Astronaut Jones - funny visuals.

quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
quote:

quote:

I want the set!!!

Sure would welcome a Topps SNL archives set over another boring Star Wars release.