January 30, 2020, 05:18 PM
mykdude
Assuming it was never released?

January 30, 2020, 10:56 PM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
Assuming it was never released?

Might be that. Don't see it on Allender's checklist and the only card image links I got were for those shown in the blog or whatever that is. Says its from 2011, so you would think someone would know about SNL. It might have just been a test run or a proposed set that didn't pan out.

This is what I hate about the internet. Stuff comes up in searches that can be old, unidentified, made up or have nothing to do with what you're looking for no matter how you struggle to "word" the search. Big Grin

By the way, those card designs are lifted from older years of TOPPS Baseball cards, so don't know what that means either.
January 31, 2020, 09:58 AM
Ted Dastick Jr.
Does anyone know if this was actually a legit thing from Topps?
January 31, 2020, 10:23 AM
webjon
It seems like it might just have been a parody the writers of that blog put together.
January 31, 2020, 11:59 AM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
It seems like it might just have been a parody the writers of that blog put together.

Could be, can't even say what that blog was for sure. Again another big problem with the internet that will actually serve to help ruin society years from now. Stuff just hangs out forever and searches call it up and no one can tell what's real or fake. A good parody is just stupid enough to be believable. Big Grin
January 31, 2020, 02:39 PM
Ryan Cracknell
It's not an actual card -- just a digital "What If?" fan-made mock-up. And a fantastic one at that.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook
February 01, 2020, 01:39 AM
catskilleagle
Yeah, but I want that card.

quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
It's not an actual card -- just a digital "What If?" fan-made mock-up. And a fantastic one at that.

February 01, 2020, 07:07 AM
mykdude
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:

quote:

I want the set!!!

Sure would welcome a Topps SNL archives set over another boring Star Wars release.

February 01, 2020, 10:30 AM
Raven
quote:

quote:

Hey Jess,

Save the image to your PC. Print it out. Cut it down to size and glue it to the front of the card of your choice.

Call it, things you can do with a digital card. I could think of a couple of others too. Big Grin

Raven
February 02, 2020, 04:11 AM
catskilleagle
Hey Raven,

Even better, I'm going to save the photo and print it out and see if my brother's girlfriend knows who Father Guido Sarducci is.

It's a game I like to play with my brother's girlfriends because they tend to be too young to remember things from the 70's. I think the game could get picked up by ABC for their game show night.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:

quote:

Hey Jess,

Save the image to your PC. Print it out. Cut it down to size and glue it to the front of the card of your choice.

Call it, things you can do with a digital card. I could think of a couple of others too. Big Grin

Raven

February 02, 2020, 04:25 AM
catskilleagle
An SNL set would be cool. The autograph list would sample a wide variety of celebrities (cast, guests, musical guests). The sketches of moments from famous sketches could be great: Samurai Delicatessen, Two Wild and Crazy Guys, Gumby, Wayne's World, Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer, Christopher Walken in "Cowbell," that over-medicated character Cheri Oteri did, Astronaut Jones - funny visuals.

quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
quote:

quote:

I want the set!!!

Sure would welcome a Topps SNL archives set over another boring Star Wars release.