Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Requesting Feedback?
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted
Hi all,

It's me with my endless questions (If only it didn't take a new thread each time).

Sold multiple card auctions on the Bay about 2 weeks ago. I left feedback good feedback for the buyer, who left none for me.

This is rather annoying since it could give me a few more 'star ratings'.

Is it intrusive to drop the buyer a line after this 2 week gap to ask if the cards all arrived okay/as expected? (As oppose to asking directly to leave feedback as it is optional).

Thanks all.

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Definitely a good idea to check with the buyer that the cards have arrived,speaking of which did your UPS package come today?

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Think I will do, thanks.

No but it turns out I misunderstood the UPS tracker *hangs head in shame*.

It said:

and I thought that meant that it had been cleared at UK customs and was in the country ready to arrive.

Turns out it WAS cleared by UK customs TO be shipped and has been through Ontario, Kentucky and Pennsylvania all in the last 24-48 hours!

I hope the 'Depated PA' means it it has left Philly and is on a plane over the Atlantic but I'm not holding my breath. Wink

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TC00:

Is it intrusive to drop the buyer a line after this 2 week gap to ask if the cards all arrived okay/as expected? (As oppose to asking directly to leave feedback as it is optional).

As mainly a buyer I have the problem sellers not leaving me feedback. I always leave feedback when the transaction is completed.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
As a buyer I get annoyed if an international seller starts pestering me after only a couple of weeks. However, provided sufficient time has passed for the cards to arrive plus a few days, I have no problem with a message along the lines of 'I noticed that you haven't left feedback, please let me know that the items arrived safely'. eBay will automatically remind buyers who haven't left feedback with a popup on the purchase page. Also, check if the buyer usually leaves feedback. If so, they probably have a system like doing it once per week and you should delay any requests for a few more days.

As a seller, my shipping notice includes the line 'Please let me know when the items arrive safely, either by leaving feedback or contacting me directly'.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I do not like sellers contacting me about feedback. I leave feedback once every couple of weeks to month, but I always leave it.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
I don't like being hassled about leaving feedback either. I leave feedback when I get my item and I always leave feedback for every transaction. Simply put, if I bought something from you and haven't left any feedback yet, that means I haven't gotten the item.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
As a buyer I feel an obligation to always leave feedback for the seller. I generally stick to a small circle of favorite sellers so I appreciate trusted dealers. Oddly enough I find that only a couple of them give me regular feedback, some don't bother at all. I don't care about it, my numbers don't really move anyway, so I never request feedback.

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tend to ignore those emails, I must admit.

I usually buy a few bits and pieces just after pay-day and then, when everything has arrived, I leave all the feedback in one go - an email from the seller's not going to make me do it any faster.

Posts: 213 | Location: SY, England | Registered: October 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
i really gets to me if sellers do not leave feedback - and I drop them a line after a month - stating - item received with thanks and feedback left - if you could do the same that would be great - as for buyers thats a complete pain as you do not know if they have received the item and if they are happy - but as my feedback shows - I have left
around 6700 pieces of feedback and only received 6100 - so there are plenty of people who do not bother - now as a seller I only leave feedback when it has been received but usually within 24 hrs

rant over

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble

Posts: 855 | Location: Coventry - England | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It looks like I have left 9715 feedbacks and received only 8017. Wink

Of course, feedback on multiple items within a short time span only counts once, so it doesn't bother me if I buy 20 items in one shot and get only one FB. Those 8017 only turned into a 5111 rating because the time span used to be longer.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wuher:
i really gets to me if sellers do not leave feedback
Not too sure why that should be the case. Since sellers only have the option of leaving Positive Feedback or Nothing At All, buyer feedback is pretty much meaningless. Buyers certainly don't benefit from having lots of positive feedback. As long as they have well into double figures, anything else is just tally scratches on post.

Posts: 1530 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I find having a higher rating helps to get people in the US ship overseas when they normally do not

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble

Posts: 855 | Location: Coventry - England | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I find it obnoxious when people bug me to leave feedback.

Generally if I haven't left feedback you don't want me to.

The worst was one time when a guy started bugging me to leave feedback before the item even arrived!

The feedback response that you get on eBay is actually incredible, if you compare to sites like Amazon I think probably only 5-10% of the time is feedback left there, vs eBay where it is much, much higher.

Jon

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
I sent a message after I ship the item. No more or less.

As a buyer. I always leave feedback when I receive the item.

As a seller. I leave feedback after the sale if the item have tracking (US domestic) and I check if the buyer like to leave feedback. Because I observed in these past to years some buyers that are only there gathering feedback and also never answer to the messages.

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm a collector, not a seller, so I only buy on Ebay. Having said that, I always leave feedback for a seller as soon as I receive my item.

As a buyer, I admit that I do get annoyed when a seller does not leave me feedback (but, I won't bug them about it.) In very few cases, unless an auction ends while I'm at work or in the middle of the night, I hit Pay Now as soon as the auction is over and I've won. If, as Kevin F. says, sellers can only leave me positive feedback, then maybe it really doesn't matter. Even so, leaving feedback is a courtesy and shows civility. It also somewhat weighs on whether or not I'll buy from someone again.

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Sellers should leave feedback as soon as a payment has cleared. The buyer has filled their obligation to pay. Why do sellers wait for the buyer to leave feedback before they do likewise?

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Sellers should leave feedback as soon as a payment has cleared. The buyer has filled their obligation to pay. Why do sellers wait for the buyer to leave feedback before they do likewise?
To quote from the receipt that Paypal always sends out:

"Reversals:
Please be aware that your payment can still be reversed, (e.g. if it is subject to a chargeback), even after you have sent the item to your buyer."

In other words, you haven't got the money just because it has reached your Paypal account.

If the buyer has paid using Paypal then payment never actually clears even after it has been transferred to your bank account as the buyer can get it back at any time by filing a claim. Unless you have proof that is acceptable to Paypal that they have received the item then the Buyer's claim will succeed. So the only time you can consider the deal complete is when the buyer confirms that they have received the item and are satisfied with it. This can be done either by sending the seller an email, a message through the eBay message system or by posting some feedback. The appearance of money in your Paypal account is not the end of the deal by a long way.

Since eBay no longer allow Sellers to leave anything other than Positive Feedback for Buyers, the whole feedback system is now pretty useless.

Posts: 1530 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
Feedback isn't an obligation.

As a buyer if the seller send me the correct item, very well package, and a good price. He/she didn't gave me a feedback. It will not stop me from buying again from the same seller. It is ridiculous to close a door for a good deal because I don't receive feedback. The worst sellers I found in eBay are the faster feedback poster.

quote:
So the only time you can consider the deal complete is when the buyer confirms that they have received the item and are satisfied with it. This can be done either by sending the seller an email, a message through the eBay message system or by posting some feedback. The appearance of money in your Paypal account is not the end of the deal by a long way.

I read in some sites that PayPal is holding money from new sellers and not activate sellers until they receive some feedback.

quote:
Since eBay no longer allow Sellers to leave anything other than Positive Feedback for Buyers, the whole feedback system is now pretty useless.

It stopped the retaliation from some sellers, but is allowing some bad buyers getting the free way. I saw buyers with dozens of positives feedback, but the comments are really negatives. Sellers only found that way to alert others. eBay feedback was created as a mutual trust system. Right now is only one way.

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is ridiculous to close a door for a good deal because I don't receive feedback.

To be certain, if a seller who was otherwise communicative (I often ask questions about items) and shipped my item promptly and safely - didn't leave me feedback - this alone would not automatically place them on my blocked sellers list. Far from it. It's those folks who are non-communicative, don't answer questions and you know that there is something that just isn't right about the way they operate. Folks like that not leaving feedback is just the nail in the coffin.

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post