Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    X MEN FIRST CLASS (Spoilers!!)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X MEN FIRST CLASS (Spoilers!!)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Does anyone know if any card company are releasing X MEN FIRST CLASS cards ?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:

Last I heard this is not happening. Manufacturers are afraid that with the lesser known actors in it that they will lose money on the product. I am with you though I would love for someone to make a set. I want a James McAvoy Auto!

Posts: 40 | Location: Tuscaloosa, AL | Registered: April 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by izzyfiles:
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:

Last I heard this is not happening. Manufacturers are afraid that with the lesser known actors in it that they will lose money on the product. I am with you though I would love for someone to make a set. I want a James McAvoy Auto!

The card manufacturers who passed are obviously not movie fans.The cast may be younger but there are a number of high profile actors in this movie.I bet there are a lot of Mad Men fans who would like a January Jones auto for example.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by izzyfiles:
I am with you though I would love for someone to make a set. I want a James McAvoy Auto!

Me too! Luv You

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
That is very disappointing, I was hoping for a Michael Fassbender Auto Frown

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Talking with guys at the comic shops, this film is the least anticipated of the comic book based films this summer.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
Talking with guys at the comic shops, this film is the least anticipated of the comic book based films this summer.

and my MOST

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
When I asked on Facebook "Why No X-Men First Class Set?", this was the answer....

quote:
There is so much X-Men content in Marvel Beginnings, we figured we would be good with that for now.

Out of touch much, Upper Deck???

Absolutely amazing.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
Shake Head Yeah, we really needed another Marvel/comic themed set this year. Shake Head

It's a case of dammed if you do and dammed if you don't. We can quibble over, which license would have had the most potential for a sucessful card product, but I believe we've got more than enough right now and without knowing the licensing details it's hard to be very critical of any card company for not putting out a set.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The movie was spectacular, and may very well be the best X-Men film so far. All the companies that passed made a very big mistake on this set.

With the younger cast I imagine a near complete set of autographs would have been possible too, as I am sure a lot of these younger stars would have no problem putting some ink to cardboard.

Posts: 131 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
I take it there is no way for Rittenhouse to do a small set even, cant believe Iam saying this, even a Premium set?

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
The movie looks fantastic and I can't wait to go see it. Amazing that Upper Deck wouldn't want to capitalise on it.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline:
I take it there is no way for Rittenhouse to do a small set even, cant believe Iam saying this, even a Premium set?

It is my understanding, but people can correct me, that Upper Deck has an exclusive deal with Marvel on trading card sets...

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I don't think Rittenhouse would touch this. If i remember correctly the set they did for X-Men 3 was very poorly recieved.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I don't think Rittenhouse would touch this. If i remember correctly the set they did for X-Men 3 was very poorly recieved.

Just like the movie itself Frown ,by far the weakest of the three although still better than the Wolverine prequel.

This film from what I have heard is a big improvement.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I thought Wolverine was fantastic!

I also really liked X-Men: First Class, and a card set would have been very nice. Remember what happened with all the unknowns on the Star Trek movie.

On the other hand, not having a card set makes my budget very happy.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
It's easy to be an armchair manufacturer when you've got nothing at stake and you're basing your comments on early reviews.

How about we play a little game come the early fall? We'll take a list of the Christmas movies and each of us will post what set we'd release a set for.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
There are just too many of these comic based movies now, especially of Marvel characters. What with sequels, prequels, crossovers and combined associations its going into overload. The card companies have to pick and chose titles and sometimes they get it wrong.

The reviews on this movie have been very good, yet I've heard more about Thor and Captain America than I did about X Men First Class before it opened. I can see where it would get passed over for newer titles with bigger stars.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nicnac:

It is my understanding, but people can correct me, that Upper Deck has an exclusive deal with Marvel on trading card sets...

Upper Deck and Rittenhouse both have the license to produce trading cards. But only Upper Deck holds the movie license for Marvel.

- Lak

Posts: 40 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: May 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I have to admit that if i was a manufacturer of cards i would never make a set based on one film before it even comes out no matter how good everybody said it was going to be.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post