Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    a Marvel card sold for a fortune
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

a Marvel card sold for a fortune
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted
A seller by the name of marvelbeckettregistry on Ebay sold 2 Marvel cards BGS graded 9 or 10 each with an asking price of $55,000 and $25,000 or best offer. Even at a 50% discount, that's a huge sum for non sports cards.Is there some way to know what those cards actually sold for?

Posts: 1022 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The $55,000 one actually sold for $30,000 and the $25,000 one actually sold for $16,000.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
'Investors' have come looking for more opportunities. They think they found them with Marvel PMG cards.

A couple of Spider-Man PMG cards have sold for over $100,000.

There is a lot of discussion on this at Blowout forums, including links to a bunch of youtube videos about these cards, and Marvel card investing.

Also -- if you have Marvel PMG cards they are likely worth A LOT more than you think if you haven't been following this trend.

In fact the 'investors' are targeting basically any shiny numbered Marvel card.

I have cards I bought a year ago for under $20 on COMC that they are now asking hundreds for.

Check you're binders -- you may be able to buy a house with your card sales.

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
The rise of these Marvel PMGs would make for some interesting articles in the pages of NSU. I noticed a few up arrows for the 2017 Fleer Ultra Spider-Man PMGs in the latest price guide.

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
The $55,000 one actually sold for $30,000 and the $25,000 one actually sold for $16,000.

Logan -- how can you find the actual sold price?

Thanks!

Posts: 465 | Location: Sarasota, FL, USA | Registered: June 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deena:
quote:

Thanks!

This is the site I use:

https://130point.com/sales/

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Deena:
quote:

Thanks!

This is the site I use:

https://130point.com/sales/

Thanks very much, Logan!

Posts: 465 | Location: Sarasota, FL, USA | Registered: June 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post