Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Wolfie Spreads The Word.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wolfie Spreads The Word.
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted
A little while ago one of our forum members ( Triple-Frog ) invited me around to his house to relieve him of loads of cases of base cards which he had no use for and wanted rid of.

I then spent weeks and weeks sorting all these base cards into sets. After keeping various ones that i wanted what was i now to do with tons of base sets and singles.

Within 10 miles of my house are many charity shops trying to raise money for sick people and so i went round all these and gave them a case full of cards, stopping to explain to the blank looks what they were and that the children would like to buy them.

Today i went for a tour around these shops and it was great to see adorning their shelves boxes and boxes of non-sport cards, buffy, harry potter, alias etc.

Not only will this help the organisations to raise money for their causes but lots of people will be exposed to non-sport cards who would never have known they existed.

Let's hope that some of the people (and some of the little people who force the big people to buy them some) will take an intrest in non-sport and try to find out more about it.

Smile Thumb Up

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Good work!

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Good job, Wolfie! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
well done wolfie Clap

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
That's awesome, Wolfie. Great job. Thumb Up

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Thats great Wolfie! I sent about 50 base sets over to a local school that was having a bake/yard sale for the music program, one of the teachers said they sold really well. Maybe we got a few new collectors out of both of these events.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
That's wonderful Wolfie Clap

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Good on you Wolfman!

I absolutely LOVED collecting cards when I was a kid, can't see how your plan to 'spread the word' won't work. Thumb Up

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Lots of good Karma coming your way Wolfie. Thumb Up

Posts: 10372 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Big ups !!!!

Posts: 1132 | Location: Cleveland Hts. , Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
That was a great thing to do Stewart.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great job Wolfie!

Posts: 377 | Location: Ohio | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
Three Cheers for Wolfie!!!!

Hip Hip Hooray!!!!
Hip Hip Hooray!!!!
Hip Hip Hooray!!!!

Thumb Up

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bealay
posted Hide Post
Superb Thumb Up

I gave a load of base sets to a local charity shop in Exeter in January, and they flew off the shelves - Firefly, Jericho, LOST - all gone to good homes.

I also collect Black Cat cards. Yeah, I'm that guy.

Posts: 275 | Location: Norwich, UK | Registered: December 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Metal Clap Thumb Up

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
Fantastic story, Wolfie! Clap

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great story Wolfie!!

Posts: 378 | Location: New Milford, CT | Registered: February 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post