Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Jordan Raskin Star Wars Card Art
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jordan Raskin Star Wars Card Art
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted
Hello,

Long time no post eh? Been focusing on a lot of star wars comic and card art.I acquired this recently in a trade, and I need help identifying what this was used in. It's by Jordan Raskin. Its on Marvel card stock but it was used by Topps he said, he just wasnt sure where. Anyone recognize what this is from/used in? its from 1993 so any galaxy set/magazine would be my first guess.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My guess: a proof card from Star Wars Galaxy Two, retained by the artist and signed at a later date.

At first I thought it might be a Topps Vault item, with all the borders and crop marks. The Marvel logo doesn't mean much because it would have been trimmed off, but Galaxy Two did feature a subset on the Marvel comics. I don't have the set handy to check to see if it's an image of one of the base cards (158?); Raskin wasn't one of the "New Visions" subset artists or credited in one of the titles.

But the writing on the left says Star Wars Set 2 Jordan Raskin, and the sig says '93, so the timing was right for Galaxy Two. However, the autograph at the bottom says 2000. That "hints" that the card was in the artist's hands long after the card set was released, maybe signed for a fan or gift or sale, and I'm betting on a proof card from the other evidence.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the Info, figured you of all people would know. I'd love to see what this looks like as a printed piece.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post