Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More X-Files Cards ?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Now that the show is confirmed to be returning to FOX for 6 new episodes, I wonder if there will be cards ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Cards or not, I'm just excited we're getting more X-Files!

I was going to say it would be cool if RA or the like did a nice little retrospective set, and did a comprehensive autograph run in a nice full-bleed style, but much like the recent Buffy talk, inkworks pretty much covered everything.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't mind a nice small set with a few autographs, a few costumes, and 3 or so cards for each episode.

RA really would be able to do some great sets, though -- The X-Files (like Buffy) is crying out for a quotable set.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Interestingly, "Season 10" is happening in the comic books right now for all of these fan favorite former TV series, each in a monthly comic series chronicling the "official" 10th Season:

Buffy (Dark Horse)
Angel (Dark Horse)
Charmed (Zenescope)
X-Files (IDW)

I hadn't heard the X-Files Returns for 6 TV episodes news (hooray for it!), but it looks like it'll be the first one with actual 10th seasons episodes to get filmed. 9 seasons on the air in the first place was good head start.
They still have a couple of movies in them, too, I think. Novelizations and comics are a no-brainer. It's a nice mythology they've made...

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Ok, this is all news to me. Will the original cast members be in this?

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Ok, this is all news to me. Will the original cast members be in this?

We know for sure that executive producer/creator Chris Carter, David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson will be back. No one else has been confirmed yet.

I for one would LOVE Rittenhouse to do a set for the X-Files, especially in there FB style for autos.
Whether it be an overveiw of the whole series or even a set for this new season would be good. I know I've already said all this in the what tv show would you like to see thread.

Gillian Anderson may have signed multiple times but David Duchovny only signed twice for the "I Want to Believe" set, but they were sticker autos so I'm not so keen on them.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Here’s the press release:
info from here THE X-FILES Returning for Six-Episode Event Series

“THE X-FILES” RETURNS TO FOX

Emmy Award-winning Pop Culture Phenomenon

From Chris Carter Is Back as Six-Episode Event Series

David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson to Reprise Their Roles as

FBI Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully

Thirteen years after the original series run, FOX has ordered the next mind-bending chapter of THE X-FILES, a thrilling, six-episode event series which will be helmed by creator/executive producer Chris Carter with stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson re-inhabiting their roles as iconic FBI Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully. This marks the momentous return of the Emmy- and Golden Globe Award-winning pop culture phenomenon, which remains one of the longest-running sci-fi series in network television history.

The announcement was made today by Dana Walden and Gary Newman, Chairmen and CEOs of Fox Television Group and Chris Carter, creator and executive producer of THE X-FILES. Production on THE X-FILES event series is set to begin in summer 2015. Further details remain under wraps and will be announced at a later date.

“I think of it as a 13-year commercial break,” said Carter. “The good news is the world has only gotten that much stranger, a perfect time to tell these six stories.”

“We had the privilege of working with Chris on all nine seasons of THE X-FILES – one of the most rewarding creative experiences of our careers – and we couldn’t be more excited to explore that incredible world with him again,” remarked Newman and Walden. “THE X-FILES was not only a seminal show for both the studio and the network, it was a worldwide phenomenon that shaped pop culture – yet remained a true gem for the legions of fans who embraced it from the beginning. Few shows on television have drawn such dedicated fans as THE X-FILES, and we’re ecstatic to give them the next thrilling chapter of Mulder and Scully they’ve been waiting for.”

THE X-FILES originally premiered in September 1993. Over the course of its nine-season run, the influential series went from breakout sci-fi favorite to massive global hit, and became one of the most successful television dramas of all time. The show, which earned 16 Emmy Awards, five Golden Globes and a Peabody Award, follows FBI special agents Scully (Anderson) and Mulder (Duchovny) as they investigate unexplained cases – “X-Files” – for which the only answers involve paranormal phenomena.

Produced by 20th Century Fox Television and Ten Thirteen Productions, THE X-FILES is created and executive-produced by Chris Carter.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Sounds great. I'll have to wait for the DVD though. I don't have cable, and I never watch 'normal' TV anyway (with the yearly exception of the Oscars). I simply can't stand all that junk they throw at you instead of the program you are trying to watch.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Potato Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Interestingly, "Season 10" is happening in the comic books right now for all of these fan favorite former TV series, each in a monthly comic series chronicling the "official" 10th Season:

Buffy (Dark Horse)
Angel (Dark Horse)
Charmed (Zenescope)
X-Files (IDW)

Millennium (IDW) also back as a comic Thumb Up .

Posts: 751 | Location: UK | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post