Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Question about 95 X-Men #39 Card Variation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about 95 X-Men #39 Card Variation
 Login/Join

Picture of Sin_baad
posted
I have been looking for the other #39 card to complete variation set.

I am confused which one is considered Standing and which one is flying

anyway I have this one, Is this Flying? Does anyone have a pic of the other one please?

Thanks

Posts: 256 | Location: USA | Registered: May 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
This is news to me. What is the story behind variation cards on this set? Were they in the packs or something you sent for? I have four #39s, but they are the same as the one you show.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sin_baad
posted Hide Post
Hello,

The story is that there were 2 variations #61 back Sauron Faces left or right (I have these)
and #39 Front Red and Slym are flying or standing. I got this from Jeff Allenders site. That is an excellent resource

Posts: 256 | Location: USA | Registered: May 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
I believe she is flying.

I will not surprise with variants for any card from Fleer in '90s. In many of the series they have more than 2 types of card boxes with different inserts/chase cards.

Also one thing. If you have the DC vs. Marvel set and the Holo F/X set. You will see that they recycle the artwork except for the Sabretooth vs. Azrael cards.

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Got these today. I guess they are pretty rare. The dealer wanted $1,000,000 for the pair but I managed to talk him down a little:

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I did an internet / ebay search and all of the card #39s I saw seem to be the same as the one in the scan at the very top of this post

So what does the second version look like ???

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
The guy I deal with the most is looking for the other card. I hope he finds one.

Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
cardaddict thanks for the photo.

Let see if I get some extra money in the future. I will try to buy the different type of boxes to check. Because as I believe this must be related to the boxes.

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sin_baad
posted Hide Post
Hey,

Its been a year, wondering if anyone has any additional information on this variation?

Thanks

posted Hide Post
Looks like two different prints basing from the colors. Any chance that one of then is counterfeit and not really a variation?

Posts: 69 | Location: Earth | Registered: November 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Can someone post a pic of the other version of 39 ? I have never seen it

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
I just forget about the topic. But making a fast search in eBay. I just saw the same #39.