Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Another Card Shop bites the Dust in the U.K.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Card Shop bites the Dust in the U.K.
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
A card shop in the U.K. where I meet up with fellow collectors is closing soon as the Proprietor retires.

Although to be fair he has had very little in the way of upto date Non Sports Cards as most of his business has been Yu-Gi-Oh and Magic over recent years.

It's just sad that the only way get cards these days is on the net.

Even local Card Shows are virtually non existant in my area.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I didn't know there was a UK card shop. Where is/was it?

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Always sad to hear a store closing. There's barely any card stores around by where I am.

Posts: 97 | Location: United States | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised to hear that there was still a card shop open but as you say it was only gaming cards really.

Lets face it, the world of non sports takes place on the internet, a few lucky people get to attend the odd show around the world but otherwise it is all done online.

With so few people in the hobby and spread out all over the world, it is allways going to be this way.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
Wolfies actually right, as strange as that may sounds....
Well there's a first for everything!

Since I live in the Netherlands I only shop online. no cardstores here to be found. Went to a show once, years ago..., where there were two booths with cards. Took one look at how they preserved/stored the cards and I went straight back home again, cried all night!! still have nightmares about that one

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
It's a sad fact, but it's true (at least in the UK and mainland Europe) - my local store (from which I used to have some excelent pulls and a great relationship with the owner) has dumped all their non game cards now, and I hardly, if ever, go in there any more. Anything I do buy is bought at shows or online.
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
In Liverpool:

Forbidden Planet: Only sales game cards

Worlds Apart: Game cards and some newer releases of non-game cards.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
The comic store in Wolverhampton does sell Non Sport Update and does have packs of non sports cards but they are a minimum of £3 per pack.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by treksearcher:
A card shop in the U.K. where I meet up with fellow collectors is closing soon as the Proprietor retires.
i hope its not uncle bob`s in the grainger market,is it ?

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post