Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Corona 19 Shipping Delays
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Corona 19 Shipping Delays
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
As far as i can work out the reason you got it so quick is the words normal letter post. The minute you start with recorded, signed for, customs forms etc then you can forget it.

Absolutely right, Wolfie (that's my quota of 1 this year). I sent some DVD's to my friend about 25 miles away. I was asked if I wanted next day delivery. There was no rush, so, for a fraction of the cost, I sent it as basic as possible. He got it the next day.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:

Absolutely right, Wolfie

Is there any way of archiving this? Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:

Absolutely right, Wolfie

Is there any way of archiving this? Big Grin

You could always make it your signature. Big Grin

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Upon being notified July 1 that Canada post had resumed International Air delivery.
And being mailed within a couple of days I still have not received my parcel.
But as it is not tracked who knows I would of tracked it but tracking from Canada is expensive
Same here it is also expensive to track International mail from New Zealand i dont know why it is only a computer generated label.
any way it seems to prove that even though Canada Post is now delivering mail by air are the planes actually flying or are they using carrier pigeons

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Just received a few cards from a friend in the US. They were posted Friday.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I ordered a comic book from a major NYC retailer on July 22.

It hasn't even SHIPPED yet....

They are blaming COVID-19

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jeez after being 100 days free of Covid community spread last night we got 4 cases now back into lockdown mode .
Dont know how this going to effect shipping.
BUMMER

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
I ordered a comic book from a major NYC retailer on July 22.

It hasn't even SHIPPED yet....

They are blaming COVID-19

Isn't it odd that absolutely nowhere has blamed Covid-19 for the inability to take your cash.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piko:
Jeez after being 100 days free of Covid community spread last night we got 4 cases now back into lockdown mode .
Dont know how this going to effect shipping.
BUMMER

4 cases is lockdown mode? Just how many people live in New Zealand? You don't need mail, you all know each other. Kidding. Big Grin

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
yes i know the area were it has broke out is gone into #3 and the rest of the country into #2 with 4 being the highest.They are really trying to control it .
So we will see what happens as everything has been disrupted again.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I have had a sketch card I ordered from Taiwan stuck in Chicago (where it took 3 days to get to), for one month and 6 days now.

To print a quote from a citizen of that fair city:

"They don't deliver your f------ mail. Then you come here to get the f------ mail, and they won't give you no f------ mail. It don't make no m------------ sense," she said before storming out the door.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Something seems to be working ok. I sent a parcel to Canada (no option than to have it signed for the other end) and it took 14 days - probably quicker than usual. I'm still waiting for stuff sent in this country to me from a month ago!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I finally got my sketch card from Taiwan.
It took 56 days to get here.
3 days from Taiwan to Chicago, 7546 miles.
53 days to move another 324.5 miles.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post