Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Corona 19 Shipping Delays
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Corona 19 Shipping Delays
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
since the Corona lockdowns the International shipping has been a shambles there is no information.
Every country has different systems on how it works for instance after arranging to purchase quiet a valuable package of cards the seller informed me that there was only international surface shipping available so that went on hold.
it has taken 8 weeks for a tracked parcel to arrive from USA it was tracked as being between X and Y for about 5 weeks NZ post assured me it was not in the country and to get the seller to enquire he did no joy .
After about 7 weeks I contacted him again and he said put in a claim and he would refund,
I replied i will wait a week and then put in a claim low and behold four days later the parcel arrived .
On checking the tracking I found that the parcel had been sitting in Auckland for the last five weeks N Z Post didnt do anything and upon contacting the seller and telling him that I had received it all i got from him was thats good I didnt want to have to block you .
Needless to say upon getting that reply I will not be buying anything else from that seller and he is a power seller .
Are these the answers we need when the shipping system is in chaos and a seller who you have purchased quiet a lot of cards off before and paid instantly and given good feedback Regards you as a scammer .
As that is how i took it.I wonder how many other buyers have had experiences like this during this chaotic era of International shipping .

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't take the curt reply too personal. These days some sellers won't even entertain international orders and as soon as they encounter a problem where they have to refund and lose the cards, well they might just not want to do it again with that buyer, even though they know it wasn't a scam. As long as you can see that it wasn't delayed through his fault, I probably would give him the benefit of the doubt with the insult. Maybe he is just customer service challenged. Big Grin

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Piko.

That was a hassle for both of you. He was looking at being out the money and the cards and I assume it was an interesting lot of cards that had a chance of being lost to the wind for you. Yeah, he knows you're a good buyer but he sees shipping to NZ as a risk now. I don't think it's any riskier than before. It just takes a lot longer.

In the past couple of months I think I've bought just one item from out of the country. It took about three weeks but I got my cards.

Jess

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes I realise that I had messaged him telling him I was not interested in putting in a complaint and the lockdown possibly had something to do about it he was happy then but when i enquired a second time asking him to look into it things changed
The thing was it was stuck between destinations with in transit for nearly 6 weeks with the date May 24 when I received them i found that it had been in New Zealand since May 27 that pd me off .
Yes it was a considerable ammount and i really wanted the cards
But blocking a person gets you nothing you cannot get hold of that person to tell them that you have got the cards and want to return the money or anything you are cut off
If I had put in a claim and been refunded blocking would of cut off all forms of contacting him to repay him .But that is water under the bridge and I probably will purchase him again
But I am going to notify him that i was not happy with his reply
I hope I am old enough not to be childish wich this rant mite seem like

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i watched an interesting doco on this guy who got the nobel prize for proving we have many psychological biases that we can't unwire easily.
so don't take it personally. they were his words and he meant them but they came from his reptilian brain trying to protect him. just find solace in the fact that you are more aware and in control of reality than him and he is probably on the lower end of the intellectual scale to be letting his fingers talk for his subconscious Smile

also thanks for the info. i had asked elsewhere, because i was about to order from USA to Aus. but may wait now.
if anyone knows australian sellers of sealed boxes (x files 10&11 particularly. i would be greatly interested. after much googling i mainly found magic and starwars CCG or sportscards.

Posts: 53 | Location: Springfield | Registered: June 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't reply, I have had packages take 6 weeks and some 4 days from USA. Tracking for the 6 weeks package said "Newark " until it arrived through my door.

I don't think the seller thought you were a scammer, but probably thought "one bad loss to new Zealand is enough " as there is no loss, relax and buy again when the need arises.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
It's been crazy lately with international shipping.

Had an order from the United Arab Emirates. Turns out I can't even ship there right now. No transportation available is the reason.

Have 4 (now that I realize Raj's package is still in the wind) that just quit moving. 2 at the LA International Mail Center and 1 in Vancouver. Asking for a mail search did nothing, so now it's a full fledged claim. I don't want anything from it other than the packages delivered. I just want people to get their cards.

I still think they are quarantining batches of parcels, as these all seem to be held at International Mail Centers for weeks without scans.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I have ordered several items from both the UK and Australia.

They are taking a really long time. A little more than 2 months for one item. It took a week after being notified it landed in the US.

All I can say is have a little patience. If you are worried about claim times I would contact pay pal or ebay and see if they have extended them.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dont expect sympathy from ebay or paypal.
is there even any way to personally contact paypal yet?

i'm having troubles with them atm and i can't even find an email and all their help stuff does, is lead you to automated answers.

Posts: 53 | Location: Springfield | Registered: June 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
As mentioned in another post, I have had problems with deliveries, as well.

Ordered cards from a dozen different UK dealers in mid-May. Small items.

3 of the outstanding ones have tracking.

1 says arrived in New York May 26.
1 says at Langley Airport May 19.
1 says arrived in New York May 31.

No word on any of these since. No movement at all.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It is interesting that in the last month or so both Wolfie and I have received two packages each of free promo cards sent from the same US sender without too many delays or problems, what did our sender do that the other senders did not. Or is it pure luck!

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I know that i'm probably risking the wrath of the card gods here but in all the things i have sent out and all the things sent to me i have never had a problem with things going missing or never arriving. The postal service seems to work superbly.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I know that i'm probably risking the wrath of the card gods here but in all the things i have sent out and all the things sent to me i have never had a problem with things going missing or never arriving. The postal service seems to work superbly.

I wouldn't say the postal service is superb Big Grin, but I also have never lost a card order, either via eBay or through a direct sale.

I purchase nearly everything direct from long time contacts now, with tracking and insurance if the amount warrants it. Now there have been mailing delays and there has been a couple of times where items got damaged because the packing was poor. Throwing cheap cards in cheap envelopes can do that, but that is the chance you take. It's a risk and the times you get caught on the wrong end of it as a buyer are the exceptions. The vast majority of the time your package will arrive safely without any buyer protection at all, as long as you know the seller can be trusted. It's when you don't know the seller, or the value is too high to put it at risk, that you have to follow the system and pay for the whole nine yards.

I have rarely done international orders and I'm sure that makes a difference too.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just curious, are the cards you and John receiving being tracked? It seems to me that tracked packages are moving a bit slower from overseas.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
quote:

Just curious, are the cards you and John receiving being tracked? It seems to me that tracked packages are moving a bit slower from overseas.

I do not know whether Cardaddict did or not. I don't recall seeing any evidence of tracking on the packaging.All I do know is that he filled out a customs form as he said that he was going to get rid of the duplicate forms from his desk.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
quote:

I certainly was not asked to sign anything in order to receive it but then that is normal now.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That has been my experience, tracked packages from the UK are much slower.

As mentioned in my earlier post, 3 tracked packages were sent to me nearly 1 month ago. Tracking shows 1 still in London (!) and the 2 others in New York, as of the last week of May

Everything else that I ordered from the UK, sent without tracking in mid-May, came within a week !

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I ordered a card from the UK last month and it arrived in two weeks. I was charged under $4 shipping and assume it was sent without tracking.

Jess

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I should be getting my box from Ed on Monday. I paid the customs charge today.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
That has been my experience, tracked packages from the UK are much slower.

As mentioned in my earlier post, 3 tracked packages were sent to me nearly 1 month ago. Tracking shows 1 still in London (!) and the 2 others in New York, as of the last week of May

Everything else that I ordered from the UK, sent without tracking in mid-May, came within a week !

It makes sense given that tracked packages have to be scanned at each point while regular mail flows on through. Some people will risk the cheaper postage if the card value is low enough but ebay pushes the non tracked liability issue pretty hard.

quote:

I certainly was not asked to sign anything in order to receive it but then that is normal now.

Wolfie, not signature confirmation but just a tracking number you get so you can look on line to see where your package is.