Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Avengers 50th Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Avengers 50th Question
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
On the 2012 Unstoppable set:

Is there really a 7 card Entertainment show set ? I have just 6 cards, EMS1-6 but Jeff Allender lists EMS7 as well. Does anyone have a scan of # 7 ?

Jeff lists a 4 card Entertainment set from 2011, but the descriptions seem to be the same as the first 4 cards from the 7 card set which he lists. Is this an error ? Maybe he's listing them twice

My 6 cards all say 2011 on the back, not 2012

Posts: 4716 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Regarding the 2012 set of 7, there definitely is a card #7, an unsigned Rigg auto. I did a completed ebay search and saw one sell for over $ 100

I feel misled, as when I purchase my 1-6 in 2012, I was told it was a complete set !

Posts: 4716 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think those 4 cards in your link are the SAME as the first 4 cards of my 6 card set, the 7 card set that Jeff lists. I will have to compare the images at home

What I am trying to say is, there appears to be no separate 4 card set from the 7 card set

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I think this is correct.

EMS1--4 were handed out to dealers at the show, one card per dealer.

EMS5 was given on the door on the Saturday

EMS6 was given on the door on the Sunday

EMS7 was to be used to get an autograph from Diana Rigg at the show

Posts: 29001 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I did a completed ebay search, and the most recent EMS7 appears to have shown up back in May 2014, so it must be tough to find. Frown

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
it's tough to find unsigned because it was never intended to be unsigned.

Posts: 29001 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I did a completed ebay search, and the most recent EMS7 appears to have shown up back in May 2014, so it must be tough to find. Frown

That one sold for $219.40 (unsigned). Signed versions sold in July 2013 for $228.87 (blue ink) and February 2013 for $242.76 (black ink). The blank ink one seems to have an embossed stamping by "Showmasters". Here's the link to that one:

http://www.worthpoint.com/wort...ngers-auto-425715231

These are much too confusing for me. Confused Big Grin

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I guess the person who sold me the "complete" 6 card set in 2012 was not being truthful !

posted Hide Post
its not uncommon to find there are extra cards from sets that appear from later conventions etc or for small 3 card sets of autos etc to be added afterwards.

...if you can count them you haven't got enough.

Posts: 167 | Location: uk | Registered: December 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
"There's the rub" for a lot of items. Here, it's certain that there were only six in the set that was distributed "normally" at the Memorabilia show. But many cardmakers have included unsigned, error, and too-late-for-insertion cards as surprises in later releases or in dealer incentive packages. The Rigg card was marked as a Memorabilia special, and apparently Diana was originally expected to sign them at the show but didn't make it. Were some distributed informally there, or were they all "aftermarket"? We may never know unless the first owner tells us how he/she got it.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
The Diana Rigg autograph cards were sold at the show for £10 each I think. You then took the unsigned card to Diana Rigg and paid £40 for her to sign it.
There are 3 different versions, blue ink, black ink and an embossed one.

Allthough the autograph card is numbered 7 I don't think it was ever intended to be part of the promo set which I would deem complete at 6 cards.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Wolfie!

A bit more research confirms the following. This was the 2011 Entertainment Media Show, not the 2012 Show. The EMS7 was indeed sold for £10 by Showmasters at their booth, and they made 600 of them. Diana Rigg arrived late and probably didn't get to everybody in the queue. See Showmasters forum item.

I agree that "signing cards" shouldn't be considered part of the 6-card set. And the EMS1-EMS4 cards were also marked "1 of 4", etc., which added another layer of conflicting descriptions!

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Saw an unsigned EMS7 sell for $ 80.

Posts: 4004 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My friend just pointed out to me that there is a SIGNED EMS7 on ebay now.

Asking price, about $ 600.00

Posts: 4004 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post