Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Skylanders Swap Force
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Skylanders Swap Force
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
Anybody know anything about these??

My daughter found a time, jumbo pack & dog tags at WalMart. Last year I got her a box of Skylander cards but I didn't know that this was in the works.

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I saw the tins and Jumbo packs at Wal-mart this past week. My son was 12 when the first release came out and was excited about it. It is passe to him now. He has "moved on". Sage words from a soon to be 14 year old, I guess.
I know nothing about them.

Posts: 5777 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Now, the folks who get my emails knew about it. This is what I have from the preorder info:

quote:
Skylanders Swap Force Trading Cards
Skylanders Swap Force Collectible Tins
Skylanders Swap Force Dog Tags
Topps

Topps rolls out a whole new series based on the popular Skylanders game universe. This set rolls out the new Swap Force mechanics where you can swap parts between your characters. Inserts fall one per pack and include; Foil Character Reposes, Foil New Skylanders, Rainbow Foil Swap Force, or Rainbow Foil Combo Force. The sets look like this

Trading Cards:
138 Base Cards
54 Insert Cards
72 Foil Cards
6 Cards Per Pack / 24 Packs Per Box / 16 Boxes Per Case

Dog Tags
Set of 52 Different Skylanders Characters + 1 Checklist
1 Tag Per Pack / 24 Packs Per Box / 8 Boxes Per Case

Collectible Tins
4 Packs of 2013 Skylanders Cards
1 2013 Dog Tag
1 Bonus Pack of 7 Foil Cards (Unknown if exclusive or if they are part of the 72 card set)

Pre-order Pricing for Skylanders 2013

They are running about a month behind. They were originally supposed to come out at the end of September.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5082 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
The bonus cards in the tin are a little different than originally advertised. There's 1 rainbow foil card (Kaos) TT1 and 3 basic character cards (TT2-TT4). There's also some shrunken down versions of the Mix and Match stickers.

At Toys R Us I found a binder/starter kit that also has exclusive cards - rainbow foil cards and glow in the dark. To finish the binder bonus sets, you need to buy two. You can see one of the cards on the front so you should be able to build these without difficulty.

The toughest cards in the set are the Flip Motion inserts - 16 cards inserted 1:30 packs.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's worth noting for our overseas correspondents that the USA series is completely different from the UK/EU series.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ryan for the binder info, I'll have to go check for those again.

So far they're out at all the regular retail spots here in Vegas. And the flip motion cards are not very common at all. Going to be hard to finish that subset.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
As was pointed out the UK/Europe release is different.

over 300 cards to collect
8 cards per pack.
Rainbow foil..1:4 packs
Puzzle Cards..1:5 packs
Colour-me-in cards 1:10 packs.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
As was pointed out the UK/Europe release is different.

over 300 cards to collect
8 cards per pack.
Rainbow foil..1:4 packs
Puzzle Cards..1:5 packs
Colour-me-in cards 1:10 packs.

Will be curious to see if the inserts are the same images or not. Was the Giants set different? I know the tm/copyright line was from the tin I bought to get 1 of the exclusive foils.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The swap force cards flip motion the f1- to f 16 how rare r these going to b 75 packs opened and only i so far whats up?

Posts: 1 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: November 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post