Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Pierce Brosnan Bond card!!!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pierce Brosnan Bond card!!!!!
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted
Rittenhouse just dropped this bomb on Facebook!

"Quick news flash: Pierce Brosnan has agreed to sign James Bond cards for us. We plan to include these in our next series of 007 cards, James Bond Mission Logs Trading Cards, which will be out in late April/early May. Stay tuned for more details."

So now I have a case to buy in April/May W0000T!!!!!

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Tis good news for the Bond collectors amongst us and another coup for everyone at Rittenhouse, congrats to you all. Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Awesome!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This set is already going to be fantastic no matter who else signs for it. Looks like I need to set aside money for a case or two of the next Bond product. Great work Rittenhouse. I didn't think he would ever sign. Just Connery and Dalton to go.

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to get one of these cant wait till the product come out. I wonder if it will be a full bleed or 40th?

Posts: 20 | Location: CLEARWATER,FL | Registered: April 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
You could knock me over with a feather right now.

This is my trading card Holy Grail realised.

THANKYOU RITTENHOUSE. Wavey

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
It will be a full bleed as Steve mention on RA.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Quite surprising given his previous attitude toward signing Bond merchandise since he was replaced by Craig. Perhaps the failure to get the latest Bond movie going took some of the edge off it. Wink

Anyway it is great news for collectors. Thumb Up

Posts: 10375 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
On a similar note. In the past most autograph requests to Pierce has been replied to with a pre-printed autograph. But, lately people have been reporting that he has been signing people's items. So maybe he has softened his stance on autographs.

I can only assume this card will be extremely rare or multicase incentive. So the price will be high.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Quite surprising given his previous attitude toward signing Bond merchandise since he was replaced by Craig. Perhaps the failure to get the latest Bond movie going took some of the edge off it. Wink

If that's the case, I hope he signed them already before he heard yesterday's news about the new Bond movie finally getting the go ahead! Big Grin

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
I am susprised they didnt hold him back for the 50th anni set next year....maybe they have something else even bigger for the set next year...hmm

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
That is one thing I can't understand about actors who do not sign for card sets from movies or TV shows...

They must undertand that they have fans and that fans are important to them.

If I was an actor I would sign for every show or movie I was in.

It shouldn't have to be about the money or whatever the reason is when it comes to things like this...

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I don't disagree about the importance, I'm still a Brosnan fan despite him not signing (well, before this announcement, of course).

I never hold it against actors and actresses--some of them just aren't into signing for card sets.

Posts: 233 | Location: Mebane, NC | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
I think half the job for card companies is getting past the actor's agent. If the actor is a true A-lister they will have an agent screening MANY offers. Compare a relatively meagre offer to sign autographs (for a company to make money out of them) to scripts that lead to multi-million pound paying roles, which further enhance their career, and its obvious which offers are more likely to get tossed out.

Or it could be something as simple as getting the right address!

But there are other factors too which I think boil down to the person. Michael Dorn would not sign cards for the longest time but if fans approached him in the street or a made the effort to go to a convention to meet him he would always sign his autograph: he just wouldn't sell them to a company. He has obviously since changed his stance, who knows why!

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
I contacted personnaly once an actress to sign for a TV show and ask why she refused on the first place since the company who create the card set contacted her and refused.
The comment I received was that she had a bad experience with that TV show and didn't want anything relate to this show.

So sometimes is really about the experience and not because they don't want to sign.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
On a side note. I have to hand it to Rittenhouse. On their Bond set they have gotten so many actor/actresses to sign who haven't been in the business for a while. So to locate them is no easy task.

Archifou, Now I am curious as to who and what show?? Smile

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
I contacted personnaly once an actress to sign for a TV show and ask why she refused on the first place since the company who create the card set contacted her and refused.
The comment I received was that she had a bad experience with that TV show and didn't want anything relate to this show.

So sometimes is really about the experience and not because they don't want to sign.

I understand that...

but to me I think it should still be about the fans and these stars know that the fans are the ones buying and collecting cards.

I am just hopeful that every major character in a Movie or TV Show will sign for future sets.

I know in the end it is about the money and other factors like bad experiences on the show or movie.

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Stargaterules
posted Hide Post
This is huge news , I have Moore and Lazenby already . Need to get my hands on a Craig . But Brosnan is my Favorite Bond. ( and loved Remington Steele ) So this is a MUST have for me . Connery, i don't see him signing ever. He never was the autograph type . Dalton has a bitter taste in his mouth about Bond . So maybe if Rittenhouse does a Chuck set they could get him there. ( wink )

Posts: 91 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post