Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
THE GREAT STICKER DEBATE.

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/3957036596

March 01, 2021, 02:27 PM
catskilleagle
THE GREAT STICKER DEBATE.
You guys have a lot of rules for a sticker.
March 01, 2021, 03:43 PM
wolfie
Well a sticker is no diffrent to a card, the debate comes about because of the book which is produced to put the stickers in, something that does not happen with the cards unless they are tea cards or cigarette cards for example.

March 01, 2021, 03:51 PM
Raven
I would say a sticker is different from a card because its whole purpose is to be peeled off the back and stuck somewhere. The choice becomes, do you leave it intact, or put it in its designated place, if there is a book?

The answer is simple. If its for your own enjoyment, you make your book. If you have any notion of it being worth anything some day when you want to sell, you must leave the stickers intact. Unlicensed, novelty stickers have no value either way, so there is nothing to decide.
March 01, 2021, 04:59 PM
wolfie
Yes that is very much the way i think about it. The enjoyment is collecting the stickers and sticking them in the book. You can look at them and enjoy them for evermore.

If you are collecting to sell then do not stick them in the book.

March 02, 2021, 02:12 AM
hammer
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Yes that is very much the way i think about it. The enjoyment is collecting the stickers and sticking them in the book. You can look at them and enjoy them for evermore.

If you are collecting to sell then do not stick them in the book.

I always stick them in the album

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,
March 02, 2021, 03:05 PM
wolfie
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:

I always stick them in the album

.....and i think that is the correct thing to do. It just bothers me when an unused sticker sells for loads of money and i've got it stuck in my book. Big Grin