Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Star Wars 30th Carrie Fisher Auto
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars 30th Carrie Fisher Auto
 Login/Join

Picture of Stargaterules
posted
Ok my scanner is up and running finally ! Here is the pic of the Carrie Fisher auto that i need help on . As you can see the Auto is on the card as well as the Sticker.

Also here is a better pic of my Ford Auto's

Thanks for any help on the Fisher .

Posts: 91 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
OK I need those 2 Ford in my collection.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Holy cow! Better send those to me for verification! Just kidding, those cards are great!

Posts: 2504 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
holy bat poop.. those Ford cards must be worth a fortune..

nice one, so what was the question? are you concerned about the authenticity of the Fisher becasue the autograph crosses the sticker?

Posts: 162 | Location: UK | Registered: December 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Yes, that's my question, what do you need help with? The Fisher looks a lot like the sample that was used by Topps in their advertising before the set was released.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Stargaterules
posted Hide Post
Yes the question is ... I purchased it on Ebay and don't think it is legit because the Auto is past the sticker . I hope it is but ...... What do you all think ?

Posts: 91 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tiggerhouse
posted Hide Post
Hi Stargaterules,

The same thing happened to me two years ago. I purchased a Carrie Fisher card on e-bay and didn't realize the signature went off the sticker until I had the card in hand. I believe the card is an actual Topps card signed by Carrie Fisher, but is not pack pulled. See this thread here . Dan Carleton

Posts: 226 | Location: Saint Johnsbury, Vermont, USA | Registered: October 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Stargaterules
posted Hide Post
Ya I bought the Fisher a couple years ago . Without telling the name of the person , I will say it was from the UK on Ebay . It was my first sticker auto and i didn't know they signed stickers not the card with sticker . It with all my costly auto's are kept in a bank vault box . When i took it out a few weeks ago I got pretty depressed thinking it wasn't real .

posted Hide Post
Your Fisher card is 100% authentic. If memory serves, some of these cards were signed by Carrie at the founder of Coolwaters offices in LA - think his name is Maki? The stickers were already applied, hence the overlap of the ink onto the card. Maki gets a lot of autos done for Topps and receives an amount of auto cards as part payment which he then sells on the Bay, usually. Similar to artist return cards, they are never inserted into packs. I bought an Alfred Molina from the Indy set direct from him which also was not pack inserted.

Nice Fords by the way! Very envious Smile

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Stargaterules, did you pull those Fords out of packs? And if you did, what was your reaction?

Posts: 2504 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Stargaterules
posted Hide Post
One was ,One wasn't Got the Heritage from ebay pretty cheap . Either way i had to change my underwear . lol JK But i was happy for a week or so . In my life thats pretty amazing .

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi
I am very interested in the Ford 30th auto, could you possibly trade? please can you let me know. thank you so much

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 3 | Location: Taiwan | Registered: December 28, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting Fisher card. There was a history of quite a few high end autos getting signed as commission or outside the pack process in Star Wars. That autograph looks 100% genuine, have had many Fisher autos over the years.

Posts: 146 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Strange how the side of the C does not overlap.

Posts: 4858 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
Strange how the side of the C does not overlap.

Good spot and Strange anomaly with the signature running off the sticker in other places. As Goldfish says, looks legit enough though.

Those 30th Anniversary autos are some of the few cards where shiny silver stickers looked quite nice.

I like that this thread has been bumped, that Indiana Jones Harrison Ford auto is one hell of a card.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
I like that this thread has been bumped, that Indiana Jones Harrison Ford auto is one hell of a card.

Yup, they are nice. I had to settle for one of the Pop Century ones. Just cant see paying the Star Wars or Indy prices. I might do an Enders Game if I catch it on the right day. Cool

Posts: 4858 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post