Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
1992 Bikini Open Promo Cards

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/3917010196

December 31, 2018, 03:45 PM
Sin_baad
1992 Bikini Open Promo Cards
Hello,

Been trying to get pictures of the 3 promo cards for Patricia Ford.

I have the one with no name and the one with a name in Red and Promotion printed on the bottom.

Does anyone have a Picture of the 3rd card, I believe it is called the Red Variation?

Thanks John
December 31, 2018, 05:24 PM
promoking
I was not aware there were 3 different ones. Now I have to check my doubles of these cards. PCE only lists 2 and those are the ones in my collection. Do you know where it comes from?

January 02, 2019, 06:20 PM
catskilleagle
I noticed that listing on Jeff Allender's site. Is it possible that someone found the #1 card from the base set in a promo/bargain box (or similar situation) and thought it was a promo? The #1 card has the name at the top in red but doesn't say "Promotion" at the bottom.

Like Promoking, I don't remember a third version and couldn't find a mention of it in my old notes. I'd like to see what is being considered the "red variation" as well.

quote:
Originally posted by Sin_baad:
Hello,

Been trying to get pictures of the 3 promo cards for Patricia Ford.

I have the one with no name and the one with a name in Red and Promotion printed on the bottom.

Does anyone have a Picture of the 3rd card, I believe it is called the Red Variation?

Thanks John

January 08, 2019, 04:34 PM
Sin_baad
I have found that Beckett lists the 3 promo cards but does not have a picture.

1992 Bikini Open Promos #1A Patricia Ford/(Promotion)

1992 Bikini Open Promos #1B Patricia Ford/(red variant)

1992 Bikini Open Promos #1C Patricia Ford/(no name)
January 08, 2019, 09:31 PM
catskilleagle
The two promos I know have just the number "1" at the bottom on the right and the word "Promotion" on the bottom in black. That A, B, C thing in Beckett must be just to mark different versions of the card but it will confuse newbies.

quote:
Originally posted by Sin_baad:
I have found that Beckett lists the 3 promo cards but does not have a picture.

1992 Bikini Open Promos #1A Patricia Ford/(Promotion)

1992 Bikini Open Promos #1B Patricia Ford/(red variant)

1992 Bikini Open Promos #1C Patricia Ford/(no name)