Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help on autograph.
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
posted
New here peoples. Can't seem to find the owner of this autograph. Also this is signed in red and most of the autographs from this set are blue. Does red many anything? Thanks for any help.....Dan

Posts: 4 | Location: Southwestern Ohio | Registered: January 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Showing the sketch will help a lot. . . The color of the signature on a sketch doesn't impact value at all.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Here are the artist from this set. Thanks again....Dan
Adam Levine
Anthony Hochrein
Ashleigh Popplewell
Ben Dunn
Chad McCown
Chris Hamer
Chris McMillan
Chris West
Dan Bergren
Dan Curto
Darrin Pepe
Dave Johnson
Dave Strong
David Green
Doug Paszkiewicz
Ed Pasten
El Gato Gomez
Elfie Lebouleux
Eric Kanalish
Eric Wilkerson
Gyula Nemeth
j(ay)
Jamie Snell
Jason Adams
Jason Atomic
Jason Chalker
Jason Crosby
Jason Durden
Jason Flowers
Jeff Miracola
Jeff Zapata
Jeffrey Moy
Jeremy R. Scott
Jeremy Treece
Jerry Fleming
Joe Hogan
Jorge Baeza
Joshua Perez
Justin Schillerberg
Katie Cook
Kent Archer
Kimberly Dunaway
Lance Sawyer
Lee Bradley
Little House Designs
Lyndal Ferguson
Marck Labas
Mark Finneral
Mark Pingitore
Matt Frank
Matte Chero
Michael "Locoduck" Duron
Mike Hampton
Pablo Diaz
Patrick (PG) Giles
Patrick Hamill
Paul Adam
Phil Rivera
Robert Jimenez
Robert Teranishi
Roy Cover
Russ Maheras
Ryan Dening
Sam Gambino
Sarah Wilkinson
Sian Mandrake
Steve Crompton
Ted Dastick Jr
Tim Proctor
Tod Allen Smith
Tom Krohne
Val Hochberg
Van Davis
Vanessa "Banky" Farano
Wilson Ramos Jr

Posts: 4 | Location: Southwestern Ohio | Registered: January 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think it is Ben Dunn.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's kinda what I thought. I can't find an autograph of his anywhere. Well I'll just keep looking. Thanks again for the help.....Dan

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't think it's Ben Dunn. I found a couple examples of his Mars Attacks sketches on Worthpoint and the sig doesn't match:

http://www.worthpoint.com/wort...s-invasion-480970599

http://www.worthpoint.com/wort...s-invasion-480972532

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Actually from another (supposed) Ben Dunn example I just saw on eBay the style looks very similar to yours. Now I'm all confused. The artist here could be Ben Dunn or the seller on eBay mistakenly thinks theirs is Ben Dunn. But why would the same artist have 2 distinctly different signatures. Confused

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I checked all of the current auctions for "style" and found a match - but by "Unknown Artist." I see the similarity Logan sees in one of the sketches, but I don't see a style match for any of the other sketches attributed to Ben or artwork sigs that remind me of the one above.

At first the signature reminded me of Jessica Hickman's, rotated 90°, but there's no word that she drew for this release.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey thanks for all the help people. I went through all the names and still can't find a match. Thanks again.....Dan

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
It would be nice if Topps had a section on their site to show samples of their artists work AND their signature. Breygent does this.

Unless someone sees this card and can prove who the signature belongs to, or the artist themselves sees this post and recognizes their work, they have basically condemned themselves to anonymity. Kind of sad.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
If you were to try and compile a list of artist names, along with the number of their sketches in each product, the most prolific name would be "Unknown Artist". Big Grin

Even if someone feels the need to use symbols or doodles, why not print the last name so that someone else can identify you?

My only guess is that either they think so poorly of their work that they don't want to be credited with it, or they think so highly of their work that they believe everyone will recognize it automatically. And that is why we have so many sketches drawn by unknown artists. Wink

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
It does seem strange that some artists try so hard NOT to be identified Shake Head

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sure whom ever that auto is, doesn't sign his or her paycheck like that. I know it's nice to have an autograph in ones collection. But ones like that make you say, what the hell ? Or maybe it's just me.

Posts: 31 | Location: Boston Mass | Registered: September 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bunkie:
I'm sure whom ever that auto is, doesn't sign his or her paycheck like that. I know it's nice to have an autograph in ones collection. But ones like that make you say, what the hell ? Or maybe it's just me.

No it's not just you, it's one of my pet hates, people who just can't be bothered to sign properly, be it sketches or autograph cards. Looking at some of the sketches that come out of boxes I would not want anyone to know I had done them either. lol

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Perhaps we forget that a sketch card is, first and foremost, a work of art. There are renaissance signers, impressionistic signers, doodle signers, and comic signers. Confused

I've seen sketch artists with two or three distinct styles for their sigs. It helps a lot when scrawling signers also put their initials on the corner of the sketch.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
It does seem strange that some artists try so hard NOT to be identified Shake Head

That's why I just print my name. A signature is a signature, but I want people to know I drew the darned thing!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:

That's why I just print my name. A signature is a signature, but I want people to know I drew the darned thing!

And everybody SHOULD know what Great art you do Ted Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
Perhaps we forget that a sketch card is, first and foremost, a work of art. There are renaissance signers, impressionistic signers, doodle signers, and comic signers. Confused

I've seen sketch artists with two or three distinct styles for their sigs. It helps a lot when scrawling signers also put their initials on the corner of the sketch.

Agree Jeff -but if people don't know who the artist is how can they expect commissions etc?