Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Veronica Mars 2 APW Cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Veronica Mars 2 APW Cards
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
Last year I purchased a set of Veronica Mars Season 2 Autograph Pieceworks Cards upon inspecting them lately yhe signatures on the cards seem to be preprinted as when holding the cards up to the light the surface of the cards are completely smooth no indents of a pen signature this is the same for the two Smallville case incentive cards as well did inkworks cover the cards after they were signed with a clear surface to protect them or were the cards just printed with the signature on them thus making the Inkworks Authentic logo on them a false claim any ideas

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Without seeing the actual cards, it's hard for me to get what you are looking at.

The Inkworks Veronica Mars autographed piecework cards were not pre-printed. There were both signed and unsigned versions of the relics, but the signed versions say APW- on the back. The unsigned are PW-. So if someone messed around and tried to alter regular cards, you can easily tell by the back.

These are not signed in ballpoint pen, so you aren't going to see any hard indents in the card surface. You should be able to tell that ink has been applied to the surface though.

The only other thing would be if you think the whole card or cards are counterfeited. That would be hard to do and even harder with a piecework card. Not sure if I ever heard of it, but patches have been altered before, so I wouldn't say it's impossible, but probably unlikely.

I don't know, maybe you are worried for nothing. There are other warning signs. Who did you buy them from? How much did you pay? How many did he/she have? Do the signatures look exact when compared to others (auto penned or stamped). Stuff like that.

Its interesting, hope you resolve it and let us know.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Could the OP include photos?

Inkworks guaranteed all authentic hand signed signatures. By law they would have to state pre-printed signatures if they were not signed by the state person(s).

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your replys to me holding up the cards to the light angle there is no sign of ink or pen indents just a smooth shiny unbroken surface I am probably just looking for something that is all legit but I did expect some signs of the card being signed the cards came from the UK the seller is I think one of the purchasers of the Inkworks inventory so I do not think that they would bother to muck around with the cards i do not normally collect signature cards so have nothing to compare but seemed unusual to me unfortunately I can not put up photos they are not autopenned I possibly cant see the woods for the trees
lol
Thanks

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
If I recall correctly, and its been years now, Razor picked up all the Inkworks' autograph cards and the costume/relic cards were bought up by a UK dealer. Not being on that end of it, I don't know the name(s) of the UK purchaser(s), but if you can confirm that your seller took part in Inkworks' inventory liquidation it would at least explain why he/she had a full run available. It would make it more likely that you have the genuine cards anyway.

Its interesting that the signed piecework cards would seemingly have been included with the UK costume sale and not the Razor autograph card sale.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes I am sure that the seller is still disposing of the Inkworks inventory Originally I think there was a group of four combined to purchase the lot and gradually some dropped off thus leaving the seller to sell the remainder under their own site name they dont come up often but sell individually on auction wich combined costs about $40 to $50 a set the most valuable one the Charisma carpenter one $20 to $30 from the replys I will take it that they are genuine and I do not think that the seller will put any shady stuff in as they are a very large site with very good feedback and have a very large customer base also it appears that they have sites in the US and GB
I have never had any problems with them and have been purchasing off them for about six years

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
My cards look the same as you are descriping. I am sure mine are legitimate

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes it seems strange that there are no signs of pen indents etc but as you say they must be legit I hope I have put the cat in among the canaries over this