Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Xena Warrior Princess trading card web site
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Xena Warrior Princess trading card web site
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I wanted to share my Xena trading card
Web site I made.
https://sites.google.com/view/xcardcave/home

If you collect Xena cards, I hope you will find
It helpful. Smile Xena's Card Cave

Posts: 18 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: January 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Neat site. I've never watched Xena but it certainly looks like you covered all the bases there. Nicely done. Thumb Up

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Nice, Xena had many sets and I think it was made up to like 2007. I only have a random assortment of autograph cards that wandered my way. I didn't see more than a couple of episodes on TV, but some of the guest stars were actors I liked from other work, so those I went after.

Its kind of funny that we rarely hear about Xena card collectors on the forum anymore. This is the first new thread in a long time on Xena. Seems to me that there must have been many Xena collectors not that long ago.

What happened to you all? Do you still have the cards and just don't want to talk about it? Big Grin

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I still have all of my Xena cards, take them out sometimes to look at. Not much to talk about with both the series and card sets long finished Frown .

Nice site, very useful for checking what cards you are missing from a set Thumb Up .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
I have most of my Xena sets too. I've kept mainly the 'season' sets and thinned out some of the endless rehashed sets like the Quotable and the animated character ones a few years ago. It was nice that all the main actors signed cards. I always feel a bit sad to see my Kevin Smith cards, a bright star gone way too soon.

Fab site. Thumb Up Excellent to see all the sets, and pics of them, not just a checklist format.

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I have five binders stuffed full of Xena cards.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
This site is amazing. Great information! Great job!

I am still collecting Xena - even though I have every card already. I am collecting the odd variant/seam/pattern costume cards (your site even has a variant I didn't know existed, thank you!). I am actually pretty obsessed with Xena cards. LOL! I also collect any cards from other sets that have Xena actors in them, no matter how small a part they played. It's fun.

My Xena cards are the one show that I would never get rid of. I love them.

Posts: 1950 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
Great looking site. These checklists really help me out. There are still so many cards that I need. Smile

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have master sets of all of the XENA by Rittenhouse, except for I believe, the last two sets. However, I don't have any autographs

I've been thinking about letting them go, as I no longer have any interest in them. Not sure if there is anyone out there who would want the cards at this point. Maybe I am wrong.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
That is a really great site, well done. I used to love Xena and still have lots of my cards.

I have a set of Xena Incarnations from Topps ser 3 for trade if any of you xena fans are intrested. Wavey

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I have master sets of all of the XENA by Rittenhouse, except for I believe, the last two sets. However, I don't have any autographs

I've been thinking about letting them go, as I no longer have any interest in them. Not sure if there is anyone out there who would want the cards at this point. Maybe I am wrong.

Not sure if I'm understanding you David. RA had Xena autographs in its sets and, if you have no autograph cards, you have no master sets.

You may have complete base, insert and parallel sets for RA, but that kind of puts you in no-man's land. I'm sure that there are fans who might still want them, but I don't think you'll get all that much for them. Trading might be a better option or at least better than just throwing them away. Maybe you could use the trading section here on Card Talk.

On the other hand, if you could get your Xena vibe back, you could choose 1 or 2 simpler sets and go after its autograph card list. Most of the autos are not that difficult or expensive to pick up now. Then you will have a master set and that is an accomplishment for any
title.

If you mean you have the masters, but no extra autographs, that's different. If you really don't want the cards I'm sure you can move the masters to someone, although you may find buyers faster if you break off the autographs and just low-ball them or trade them for other autograph cards.

I only have two masters on smaller products, but it makes me feel good to have finished something and I will always keep those sets. Good luck whatever you do with the cards.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry, I need to correct what I said.

I guess I should have said "mini-masters"; I have complete base sets, all chase, and all costume cards, but no autos or parallels.

I think I stopped after 2003, so I am pretty sure that I don't have the 2004-2007 sets.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
They did autos? Were they Chryslers or Fords?

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
They did autos? Were they Chryslers or Fords?

Yeah, I agree cardaddict, I used to collect autos but it got too expensive. Storage for the manuals was ok for the Fiests and the Focus but finding a page big enough for a Galaxy 500 was murder.

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all of you for the super kind and positive words. Smile Smile
I really enjoy coming over to the forum. It's so informative and the depth on the topics is amazing.
I'm grateful to the this entire card community because I learned so much information, structure and organization.
Without it, I would have been lost trying to keep track of everything.
My passion for card collecting and XWP are life long..
Though the volume and some topics have shifted... it's cards forever. I keep digging and finding all sorts of
things. I will keep adding and expanding to my site and blogging.

I hope to be able to post more. I have long since hit the space and cost wall.. been away from collecting and I'm
happy where I landed back about a year and half ago.

Posts: 18 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: January 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been adding more items to my collection.

And I added some new pages.
here's the links.

Collection photos
https://sites.google.com/view/...me/collection-photos

library
https://sites.google.com/view/xcardcave/home/library

cool Hercules pre-production materials
https://sites.google.com/view/...-material-from-topps

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
That's a heck of a website!
Well done!
And impressive!

Picture of <<<<ALDO_NOVA>>>>
posted Hide Post
Still have all my Xena cards, especially love my Hudson Leick auto, wherever she disappeared too is beyond me!

Posts: 217 | Location: Where you can't find me!!!!!! | Registered: August 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
She's a yoga instructor.

Posts: 1950 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of <<<<ALDO_NOVA>>>>
posted Hide Post
At least she's doing something worthwhile, unlike those stars we hear about getting into trouble with something or another!

Posts: 217 | Location: Where you can't find me!!!!!! | Registered: August 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post