Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Online Ordering To Canada
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Online Ordering To Canada
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
posted
Hey guys, I'm new to the site and thinking about getting into collecting again. Haven't purchased any cards since I was a kid but recently rediscovered my love of Marvel. Anyway, there aren't too many places around me locally (that I have found) that offer anything in the way of Non-Sports cards and I was wondering what online sites are best to order from to be shipped to Canada to avoid heavy shipping and customs charges. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 3 | Location: Canada | Registered: May 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi IRoss,

What area of the country are you in?

otim

Posts: 700 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: May 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In Ontario, close to the GTA. Durham Region

Posts: 3 | Location: Canada | Registered: May 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ajax, Pickering, Oshawa, etc? There are some physical store options in that area, and if not lots nearby in the rest of the GTA. Many may not stock exactly what you want, but at least some should be willing to order in for you...but there's no e-mail in your profile for me to contact you directly.

otim

Posts: 700 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: May 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Profile updated, thanks for the help. I am in Oshawa and probably just don't know where to look.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of slackjawedyokel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IRoss:
Profile updated, thanks for the help. I am in Oshawa and probably just don't know where to look.

Fan Expo will be at the Metro Toronto Convention Center at the end of August. There are always 3 or 4 dealers selling cards so you should definitely be able to find what you are looking for. Assuming of course you can wait until August Smile

Posts: 889 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
I have yet to find anyone in the GTA who can come close to the online pricing or sell the product competitively
and I have even seen costs on some of the products from my local comic store and I can have it shipped for cheaper - then they can get from Diamond

I order all my stuff from a couple of dealers and have them shipped - Miss Lissy for most and Ed from Scifi Cards

there is a store in Whitby that is now selling on e-bay that I have yet to stop in and see what he stocks in store, but the name at the moment eludes me

I will contact you via e-mail and let you know all the "local" dealers you can see at the shows
there is only half a dozen of them
and the best place to find them all together is the Sportcard & Memorabilia Expo held at the Toronto International Center, was last month and next in November
http://www.sportcardexpo.com/

fan expo is an option - but not worth it as per the cost of the ticket, if you just want non-sports cards as only 2-3 of them go

but there would be a few artists at the show
Tony & Elaine being the biggest names as I believe Veronica said her and Trevor may attend only as fans
Vince Sunico is another with Spent Pencils who has been drawing for Cryptozoic and was in the Walking Dead
Francois Chartier and Sam Argo also should be in attendance
---> all are amazing !!
will have to see this years list to name a few more, and apologies to any out there if I didn't mention you

otim - if you have some shops that are good please share Smile

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post