Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What are your favorite varient cards?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 75
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are your favorite varient cards?
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Pulled this Persis C14 from my Enterprise 4 box today.I have not checked ebay yet to see what the others look like.But it has two separate colors,a silver inlay with a wine colored overlay.The silver does have about five raised "bumps" on it a swell.The wine color has a raised border running along the top part,as well as around the hole.

Added a second pic for a larger version.

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Don't know... I do have that one. I think it might be similar to yours, but the pic is too tiny to tell for sure.

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spidergoblin:
Added a second pic for a larger version.

Much better! Big Grin Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Collectress
posted Hide Post
Upon suggestion by Redemption:

£9 on Ebay back in March. It's an unusual card and I've never seen another like it. Not clear whether the extra bit is ribbon (as seen in the mesh part of Jool's outfit), a cardboard shaving, or something else.

"That's your plan? Wile E. Coyote would come up with a better plan than that!" - John Crichton
"Bored now" - Vampire Willow

Posts: 669 | Location: UK | Registered: January 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
That card is just to die for! Drool

Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
Got a cool Alias S2 variant - PW10 (Camo Pants) with the word "Ranch" in the middle... Now have to find out how common the variants were/are... Will probably be trading it....

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tialessa:
Got a cool Alias S2 variant - PW10 (Camo Pants) with the word "Ranch" in the middle... Now have to find out how common the variants were/are... Will probably be trading it....

Another of our members has this card with Smoke in the patch. He showed it to me at Philly last year. Still cool because you know they had to center the few out there that are like that.

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
Another cool varient. I just sent in for Jack O. auto from the Osbournes. He did many varients and mine came back yesterday.

He wrote "smile" and then drew a happy face and signed "Jack" (quotes were not on card) Cool enough to keep in the collection I think.

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
very nice redemption.
After seeing the stitch holes I decided to go over mine again.
And the first one I checked...stitch marks woohooo.
It is from 24 season 1.
The stitch marks are close to the top all the way across.
I hope it shows.

I liked it a lot spider! Big Grin

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
I noticed you did... Dance

"nuff said"

Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
I noticed you did... Dance

I've never watched 24, but Dennis Hopper is a fav...

...wish they had done a set for Space Truckers. Yes I'm one of the few that love that movie. Big Grin

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:

I've never watched 24, but Dennis Hopper is a fav...

same here on both comments Big Grin

quote:
...wish they had done a set for Space Truckers. Yes I'm one of the few that love that movie. Big Grin

Is this the Eastwood movie?

"nuff said"

Alice Cooper

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Is this the Eastwood movie?

Nope.. that's Space Cowboys you're thinking of.

This movie doesn't dwell that firmly in reality. Big Grin

It's sort of a fifties trucker stop/diner set in space with pirates and terminator type androids out to take over earth. Big Grin

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
So that's why I could not remember Hopper in the Eastwood movie Big Grin

"nuff said"

Alice Cooper

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My favorite varient isn't a piecworks but an auto.. the charmed p3 A11 Billy Drago as Barbas autograph.. I love that he took the time to write something besides his name on all the cards and there are AT LEAST 50 different versions.. I also think that some of them are meant to go together to form a longer phrase or poem.. He obviously took alot of time to think about what he was writing..

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of angelchick182
posted Hide Post
Variants are a nice surprise if I pull them, but I honestly don't hunt them down. I only have 3 PW variants.. Buffy Season 7 Rachel's pants with blood spatter, Buffy Big Bads Warren's jacket with stitching, and Women of Sunnydale Drusilla's dress - the top portion with a little star/flower embroidery.

Posts: 1681 | Location: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: July 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:

I liked it a lot spider! Big Grin

Dance And it arrived today! Very nice! Dance

Thanks so much for sending that Catwoman promo spider! Elephant

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you like it,and your welcome on the Catwoman promo.

"nuff said"

Alice Cooper

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Glad to hear you like it,and your welcome on the Catwoman promo.

Yea... I'd never seen the back to that card. It's a much nicer image than on the front. lol

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kesmit
posted Hide Post
Here's a couple of Enterprise 4 costumes I got from 2 boxes.

The T'pol one puffs out of the card (c4)

and the Raakin one has a cool hole in it (you can just see the net backing - hopefully shows up on scan)(c15)

took a bit of editing but got there in the end Smile

Posts: 668 | Location: Kent,UK | Registered: March 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post