Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What are your favorite varient cards?
Page 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 75
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are your favorite varient cards?
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Great cards Rabbit & Craig! Thumb Up

I'm totally loving those Alias incentives! Drool

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my one and only variant Frown

Close Up

Sorry bout the size of the 1st piccy but my computer keeps crashin every time i try to resize it Smile

Posts: 14 | Location: UK | Registered: June 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hehe nvm, the close up is smaller than the actual full piccy Frown whoops

Posts: 14 | Location: UK | Registered: June 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by faithless2002:
hehe nvm, the close up is smaller than the actual full piccy Frown whoops

Excellent card none-the-less faithless2002! Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
made all the sweeter by the fact that i bought only 6 packs FROM THIS SET

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
A frayed material variant...

The fur variant...

Red and gray variants...

Small and large weave variants...

I'm not quite sure which is the rarer as the one I see most often on ebay is the one most people claim is the variant. Confused

A new Harvey card to be added to my collection...

The old cards...

I have another coming soon that I'll post as soon as I can get it scanned.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
still doing the variants eh redemption Wavey

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
Redemption, I've got a Farscape variant question for you. I've managed to get all the variants for the Season 2 costumes except one. There are supposedly 3 variants of the D'Argo costume card: the thick one and two different thin ones. I've got one of the thin ones but I have no idea what the other thin one is. Supposedly it's got a different texture or something like that, but all the thin ones I've ever had or seen (I broke a couple of cases of this so that's probably over a dozen of them including ones I've seen at shows) look the same.

Do you (or anyone) know what the mystery third variant is and, more importantly, post a scan of it?

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i completed the lord of the rings autos and found the orlando bloom -legolas auto comes plain, with a x above and with a heart above the auto from the same set,i dont know how rare any of the variants are ill get a image of all 3 posted soon.

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheUberBob:
Redemption, I've got a Farscape variant question for you. I've managed to get all the variants for the Season 2 costumes except one. There are supposedly 3 variants of the D'Argo costume card: the thick one and two different thin ones. I've got one of the thin ones but I have no idea what the other thin one is. Supposedly it's got a different texture or something like that, but all the thin ones I've ever had or seen (I broke a couple of cases of this so that's probably over a dozen of them including ones I've seen at shows) look the same.

Do you (or anyone) know what the mystery third variant is and, more importantly, post a scan of it?

-Bob-

Great Ceasar's ghost... I totally forgot about that card! Eek

I seem to remember back in the day when Farscape was still on Frown I saw someone on ebay selling a D'Argo card that wasn't the normal weave or the thick version. It was a smooth version.... though I can't remember if it was leather or cloth like, but definitely not the weave kind. And unfortunately I was still green at collecting or I might have gone for it. Big Grin

Dang... another card to add to the list. Roll Eyes

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spidergoblin:
still doing the variants eh redemption Wavey

You betcha spider... long time no see! Wavey

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
A new Harvey card to be added to my collection...

The old cards...

I have another coming soon that I'll post as soon as I can get it scanned.
Love these! Luv You Drool Thumb Up

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SciFiMom:
Love these! Luv You Drool Thumb Up

Me too... Big Grin

This one isn't mine Shake Head but I really wish it were... Drool

Harvey rocks! Metal

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Collectress
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

-Bob-

Great Ceasar's ghost... I totally forgot about that card! Eek

I seem to remember back in the day when Farscape was still on Frown I saw someone on ebay selling a D'Argo card that wasn't the normal weave or the thick version. It was a smooth version.... though I can't remember if it was leather or cloth like, but definitely not the weave kind. And unfortunately I was still green at collecting or I might have gone for it. Big Grin

Dang... another card to add to the list. Roll Eyes

Yep, there are three variants of the CC6:

1) A thick card which is velvet with raised lines running over it.

2) A thin, woven canvas card.

3) A thin, completely smooth velvet card.

The difference between the thin cards should be very obvious when you see them together.

"That's your plan? Wile E. Coyote would come up with a better plan than that!" - John Crichton
"Bored now" - Vampire Willow

Posts: 669 | Location: UK | Registered: January 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Collectress:

The difference between the thin cards should be very obvious when you see them together.

Thanks for the info Collectress.... do you have any idea how many of those cards were made?

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Thanks for the info Collectress.... do you have any idea how many of those cards were made?

According to the Rittenhouse website, there were a total of 850 of both the thin variants combined; they don't break it down further. It is one of the rarer costume cards (in a series full of crazy rare variants).

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Collectress
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

According to the Rittenhouse website, there were a total of 850 of both the thin variants combined; they don't break it down further. It is one of the rarer costume cards (in a series full of crazy rare variants).

-Bob-

Like Bob I've only heard of the 850 combined number. Given how hard the thin velvets are to find in comparison to the woven ones, they can't make up a very large proportion of the 850.

"That's your plan? Wile E. Coyote would come up with a better plan than that!" - John Crichton
"Bored now" - Vampire Willow

Posts: 669 | Location: UK | Registered: January 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
It sounds like another card moved to the grails section of my list...

...thanks for the info guys!

Picture of Forever Man
posted Hide Post
Not sure if this would be considered a variant.I guess it maybe possible if they just cut up a plain piece of purple.Any thoughts?

http://s155.photobucket.com/al...7/Shootingstarpress/
For Her I Can Be A Hero!

Posts: 158 | Location: Somewhere In Time | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
I can't say I know much about the LOTR's costume cards to know if it's a varuiation Forever Man, but great card! Thumb Up