Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What are your favorite varient cards?
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 75
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are your favorite varient cards?
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted
This comes up from time to time but new sets keep coming out giving more cards to add to the list. I'm a varient hunter and prefer something different to a plain swatch if I can find one so here are my top 6 so far, A connections double varient (jeans with a stitch and black trim from tara's top), season 6 Buffy's jeans (blue stitching running accross and yellow stitching at the bottom), Cassies top from season 7 (lovely half of an S), Very bloody Rachel's top from season 7, Andrew's toga with gold and a stitch seam, and the lace version of Rose's top from Charmed connections.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
i like the Wizard Magazine varients Thumb Up

i know they aren't worth much, but i'm still trying to track some of them Smile

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Sadly all my pw/costume inserts are of the regular variety Frown

But I do have the htf PW1/Berry leather top Big Grin from Catwoman

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Collectress
posted Hide Post
Drool Love the Cassie variant Incarnadine. I'm still looking for a wording variant from the back of the shirt.

My favourite variants are my PW1 Andrew embroidered toga, PW5 Cassie (image section) and a 4-colour PW4 Adam's trousers.

"That's your plan? Wile E. Coyote would come up with a better plan than that!" - John Crichton
"Bored now" - Vampire Willow

Posts: 669 | Location: UK | Registered: January 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Collectress:
Drool Love the Cassie variant Incarnadine. I'm still looking for a wording variant from the back of the shirt.

Is it my imagination or does Inkworks go out of their way to create the nicest possible variants they can!? I mean by centering any kewl details and all that. Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Dont really have any varients apart from a Janice Rand costume card with stitching across it I bought from E-bay.

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
I don't have the money to chase varients at all costs, but I do like to see a stitch on my costumes. I did complete the Croc Hunter master set w/ both stitch varients just for the fun of it.

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
I showed my favs in another thread but I might as well add them here. Big Grin

If this can be considered a variation. This Alias PW1 is textured. It's the only one I have so I don't know what others looked like.

And here's the Tombraider Wetsuit with the seam.

A Witchblade Jeans
with a seam and some thick string.

And several Daredevils. You really can't see the stitching well, but they're there.

Daredevil 1 Daredevil 2 Daredevil 3

I was really into the Daredevil cards despite the unpopularity I was hearing at the time. Big Grin

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I only have a couple, but they mean a lot to me.
Maybe not to you though, so here it goes:

Buffy S7, PW-3 -- Kennedy's T-Shirt
There are two olive green stitches at top right and bottom right.

Buffy S7, PW-4 -- Kennedy's Pants
I think it is a seam of her pants, but not sure.

Buffy WOS, PW-5 -- Dawns's Jeans
There are stitch holes running from left to right at the top of the circle.

---------
I did have a blood stained varient of PW-8, Rachel's Pants, but traded that. Also a varient of PW-2, Drucilla's top but again, traded that!

That is it for now.
Unless the others are well hidden, I cannot see them. Razz

Chris Big Grin

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
I'm getting a big case of Buffy variant envy from this thread.

Heck... I don't have any Buffy pieceworks at all. Shake Head

Nice cards Chris!

There was a Spike variant on ebay recently that sold over my desire. I wish the picture had been better. I would have loved to have seen a close up. Drool

SPIKE PW1 variant

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Redemption,

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
hey redemption....my Alias PW1 is a smooth blue,so yours is possibly a variant.

"nuff said"

Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spidergoblin:
hey redemption....my Alias PW1 is a smooth blue,so yours is possibly a variant.

Thanks for the info spidergoblin... I was hoping it was. It means I HAVE actually pulled a variant myself from an unopened pack! Big Grin Clap

Was it you that was selling the Trance variant tonight? I almost went for it myself, but I was distracted at home and missed the auction. Well that and that I've spent waaaaay too much this month already.

A card collecting addiction is a mean rabid monkey on your back. Twak

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
yep,that was me selling a Trance Big Grin

I had a King Kong on my back awhile back,but have tamed it to gorilla Cool

"nuff said"

Alice Cooper

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Kristina
posted Hide Post
I'm not a variant chaser either... but I stupidly traded a Conner shirt variant from Angel 4 for a nonvariant Cassie's shirt with someone on this board (forgotten who tho... lol) without realizing how crazy some of the prices on variants are! I won't do that again!! It was from Conner's T-Shirt- up on the shoulder where there is a thick thick seam... Twak Any of his PWs are crazily priced, so imagine what that one would have been... grr...

Very Very nice PW all... thanks for sharing!

Posts: 1477 | Location: NY | Registered: August 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
If it's any consolation Kristina, I've never payed more than a few bucks, at most, for my variants. Smile

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Woohoo! I got my Catwoman PW2 today that I got off ebay! And to my surprise she's a variant... at least to my twisted mind. She's two toned. Razz

Catwoman PW2 scan

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Anybody catch the super nice Andrew PW-1 variant that was up for sale till today?

Someone walked away with a really nice version of that card eventhough they had to pay for it. The auction ended at 36.50.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
hmmm....that's the most gold threading I've seen on one of his variants.Usually a single line thread is what I've seen.

Nice Catwoman PW btw Thumb Up

"nuff said"

Alice Cooper

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

I liked that Andrew... but not enough to pay that much for it. Big Grin

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Collectress
posted Hide Post
I managed to get a PW1 Andrew with quite a lot of gold. However I love my Buffy Big Bads PW4 as it is the only example I have seen with four colours on it.

I'll have to see if I can get pictures of some of the other variants in my collection.

"That's your plan? Wile E. Coyote would come up with a better plan than that!" - John Crichton
"Bored now" - Vampire Willow

Posts: 669 | Location: UK | Registered: January 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post