Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What are your favorite varient cards?
Page 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are your favorite varient cards?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Just used buy it now to get this new variant card. The auction description states that this will be the card I will receive:

#693/900 (Image taken auction listing)

Apart from the blood on the shirt there's a mark on the pants as well.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJJ:
Just used buy it now to get this new variant card. The auction description states that this will be the card I will receive:

http://images.marketplaceadvis...costume-qc09_693.jpg

#693/900 (Image taken auction listing)

Apart from the blood on the shirt there's a mark on the pants as well.

Most excellent pick up AJJ! THREE variations on one card is totally awesome!!! Thumb Up I wish I had seen that... Drool

I bought an numbering error card from that set just for the curiosity since I prefer the swatch variants.

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Thanks Redemption. I found it by complete chance when I had a look in the dealers Ebay store after I bought a Christina Cole auto card from him.

I wasn't to sure if the jacket swatch counted as a variant.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJJ:
Thanks Redemption. I found it by complete chance when I had a look in the dealers Ebay store after I bought a Christina Cole auto card from him.

I wasn't to sure if the jacket swatch counted as a variant.

I'd count it... but then again I see variants around every corner. Big Grin

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's my new favorite card. Smile
This Pieceworks card from Lost Season Two has the wrong fabric swatch. Instead of Charlie's tan tshirt, this card has a swatch of Sawyer's black shirt. I love this card! Have you seen many other examples of costume/pieceworks cards with the wrong material?

Posts: 57 | Location: Fayetteville, AR, USA | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vandelay:
Here's my new favorite card. Smile
This Pieceworks card from Lost Season Two has the wrong fabric swatch. Instead of Charlie's tan tshirt, this card has a swatch of Sawyer's black shirt. I love this card! Have you seen many other examples of costume/pieceworks cards with the wrong material?

Super nice... someone way in the backlog of this thread posted several error cards like that, but I don't know if the links are still active.

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Andromeda leather variant with stitch holes

Stargate "Aquarius" card. Very kewl. lol

Farscape CC14 costume card... my second type variant of this card.

Johnny Weissmuller seam and stitches

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Great variants.

The Bond card (March 27th post) arrived a few weeks ago and it is the card pictured. Clap

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Thanks AJJ! Wave

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Card collecting can truly be a SIN... Big Grin

DISCLAIMER: No immortal souls were harmed in the making of this card.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
WOW! That's a fantastic variant!

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mintoncard:
WOW! That's a fantastic variant!

Thanks, I think it's SINfully fantastic. I'm quite proud of it myself.... isn't pride one of the deadly SIN's? Big Grin

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Starchild
posted Hide Post
Holy cow...that has to be one of the BEST costume cards I have ever seen. That's hysterical. Big Grin

Posts: 603 | Location: CT | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Starchild:
Holy cow...that has to be one of the BEST costume cards I have ever seen. That's hysterical. Big Grin

Thanks Starchild... it definitely is high up there on my favs of my personal collection. Big Grin

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
That's awesome redemption Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A while ago I broke open a box of Heroes Season 1 and got an Izzac costume card. Some of the material is missing (manufacturers mistake)

Heres a pic.

Posts: 84 | Location: Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Brian A. Davis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heroeslost:
A while ago I broke open a box of Heroes Season 1 and got an Izzac costume card. Some of the material is missing (manufacturers mistake)

This is probably a legit variant. If you watched the first season of Heroes, every now and then you could see the painters smock had holes in it.

Posts: 94 | Location: New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spidergoblin:
That's awesome redemption Thumb Up

Thanks spider! Wave

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian A. Davis:
quote:
Originally posted by heroeslost:

This is probably a legit variant. If you watched the first season of Heroes, every now and then you could see the painters smock had holes in it.

You must have a reeeeeally big screen tv! Big Grin I saw nothing!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Very nice card here, even better than the pictured variant:

I have some nice variants in my collection, will post in a few days!

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post