Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What are your favorite varient cards?
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 75
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are your favorite varient cards?
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
egad Eek
that's about $100 less than my rent AND car payment Big Grin

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spidergoblin:
egad Eek
that's about $100 less than my rent AND car payment Big Grin

Heck... my car in college cost less than that. Roll Eyes

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
I just saw these TUPU variants autos - I know nothink about which is more popular -

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Collectress
posted Hide Post
Only a handful were signed "Lani John Tupu", so they tend to go for a lot of money compared to those signed "Tupu" or "L Tupu".

"That's your plan? Wile E. Coyote would come up with a better plan than that!" - John Crichton
"Bored now" - Vampire Willow

Posts: 669 | Location: UK | Registered: January 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
The Pilot auto cards I have signed by him are signed as Lani Tupu.

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Collectress
posted Hide Post
He seems to have signed all the A26 cards as "Lani Tupu". It's just the A8 cards that have the variants.

"That's your plan? Wile E. Coyote would come up with a better plan than that!" - John Crichton
"Bored now" - Vampire Willow

Posts: 669 | Location: UK | Registered: January 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
I love variants myself. Ive been collecting variant piece cards since 1996 , being as i started out as a hockey card collector (still am actually). What i like now is that sport cards manufacturers make whats called patch variations on many of their jersey cards. There was a patch variant for Star Trek Quotable (print run for 2 colors is 99 according to rittenhouse). More products should do that.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
I finally had time to re-scan some of my favorites in much better quality.

Woooooo... I couldn't believe you were getting rid of the Cassie, but at the going price I'd do it too! Eek Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I decided to downsize a bit and for me pieceworks cards are a bit of a weak point, I really only want the main cast members so I decided to keep just the season 6 and Connections pieceworks. The Cassie varient was the 1 tough call but I decided to let it go, especially since they tend to go pretty high, usually in the $100-$150 range. Saving up for that case of Veronica Mars. Big Grin

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Kristina
posted Hide Post
Seriously, at that price, why not?! I saw that card and was like "Here comes Incardadine with another great auction... " lol. Congrats!!

Posts: 1477 | Location: NY | Registered: August 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of terihatcherfan
posted Hide Post
I have the Buffy s7 PW1 and it's all loads of gold thread, probably from big thick rim around the bottom of the toga, and that's the whole card!

I also have Anya's dress from Buffy W0S and it's all different colours, but I don't think it's a variant because the whole dress was swirly browns and blues- but it's still pretty because it's all different colours!

Posts: 481 | Location: South Yorkshire, UK | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of terihatcherfan
posted Hide Post
Wow, great varients everyone. Some of these are gorgeous! I love varients, they're so fun... make it a bit more special. I've only ever pulled one, but so far I've only ever bought one box of cards! LOL! 2 more in December... Wink

Posts: 481 | Location: South Yorkshire, UK | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
My two new acquisitions.. nothing exciting like Incarnadine's former Cassie, but I was happy to get a Jasmine that was different than most...

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
Got a similer one to you, a Jack with stiching holes in two lines, photo is not the best quality but I couldnt get it to show up very well in any other pics.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sci-FiPlanet:
Got a similer one to you, a Jack with stiching holes in two lines, photo is not the best quality but I couldnt get it to show up very well in any other pics.

http://webbuilder.lunarpages.com/iman/voli/inpr/terran4/756_DSC01083.jpg

Much nicer than mine since the stitching is through the center! It makes it more interesting IMO. Thumb Up

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Two more from me...

This one came damaged which wasn't mentioned in the auction, but I decided not to quibble since it was cheap and the damage looks from the factory.

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post

This one also has stitching, but I was unable to get it to show in the scan. Frown

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Is the stitching from 4 o'clock-6 o'clock Confused

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spidergoblin:
Is the stitching from 4 o'clock-6 o'clock Confused

Nope that's a bump in the material... probably from a fold or such.

It runs diagonally...

...between the yellow box

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
you know, I wish i had a scanner.......

anyway I have a couple of variants myself.

one of which was a pack-pulled Connor PW-3 bloody shirt variant, I remember looking at it and looking at the picture on the card saying, man that's dark.

the other is a Spike Pieceworks from the Complete Story that Inkworks sent me with stitch holes on it, it's the Buffy version of the card.

Smile
Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post