Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What are your favorite varient cards?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 75
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are your favorite varient cards?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My favourite cards, when it came to PW variants would have to be either Buffy S7 or Catwoman.

My favourite Catwoman cards would be:
PW-2
The one wth the netting, but i cannot find a picture right now! Roll Eyes

PW-11

I am still on the lookout for them...
Chris Big Grin

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't have many piecworks(3 and they are all charmed).. Would this be a varient

I'm guessing all the holes are from where they removed the stitching?

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Streich:
Would this be a varient?

Yes it would!
And yes, that is where they removed the stitching.

Chris Big Grin

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Byrne:
quote:
Would this be a varient?

Yes it would!
And yes, that is where they removed the stitching.

Chris Big Grin

That is the only complaint I have with recent pieceworks cards, they take them apart now. I love varients with stiching and would love to have had 2 color versions of those superhero cards, even if they were as thick as some of those LOTR costume cards. I think they should go out of their way and make 2 color and seamed pieceworks and if those cards are much thicker than the rest have redemption cards for them, heck, even individually number those ones. Big Grin

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Wooo nice variants guys!

Chris i would love to see that PW-2!

Jim... is that Piper swatch die-cut not rounded properly or is it just the scan?

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
That is the only complaint I have with recent pieceworks cards, they take them apart now. I love varients with stiching and would love to have had 2 color versions of those superhero cards, even if they were as thick as some of those LOTR costume cards. I think they should go out of their way and make 2 color and seamed pieceworks and if those cards are much thicker than the rest have redemption cards for them, heck, even individually number those ones. Big Grin

I agree, those two color stitch jobs are super. Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
Chris i would love to see that PW-2!

There was an e-Bay auction with one on. I think there has bbeen two so far that I have seen. One has had al netting, and the other was half and hlaf with leather and netting.

I cannot find it, but maybe in the future on will pop up.
Perhaps if Andy from Inkworks was here.

Chris Big Grin

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
I'll have to keep a lookout for one of those babies! Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I thought I had abum deal when I pulled the same silver Piper card from the only two boxes I bought until I noticed one still had a thread attached Big Grin
My sister pulled a plain Daily Prophet from the Sorcerers Stone.All the others I've seen from this set have writing on.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's my cheap scanner Twak

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's my cheap scanner Twak

Ouch! Sorry I asked. Razz

Big Grin

I picked up a new Witchblade jeans with a stitch this past week. I'll try to scan it soon.

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Okay, here are my other variants...

A Andromeda Harper stitch card. The color of the material scanned weirdly. It's much darker than that.

A Terminator 2 case card with some weird dent.

Another Witchblade stitch card.

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
There was an e-Bay auction with one on. I think there has bbeen two so far that I have seen. One has had al netting, and the other was half and hlaf with leather and netting.

Chris Big Grin

Was it this one? Big Grin I was organizing some of the pics I'd downloaded and came across this one.

What a sweet card! Drool

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
that is one cool Cool looking variant with the netting.

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10450 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Tell me about it. Drool Mine has lost brownie points after I found that one.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Chris Big Grin

Was it this one? Big Grin I was organizing some of the pics I'd downloaded and came across this one.

What a sweet card! Drool

That is it!
It is a sweet card!

Chris Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Okay, here are my other variants...

A Andromeda Harper stitch card. The color of the material scanned weirdly. It's much darker than that.

A Terminator 2 case card with some weird dent.

Another Witchblade stitch card.

The T2 FW5 card has a variety of varients because I believe the material came from the boots worn by The Terminator which contained a lot of stitching.

Heres mine:

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Collectress
posted Hide Post
My Buffy Connections PWC1 variant.

My Buffy Season 7 PW1 variant.

My Buffy Season 7 PW5 variant.

"That's your plan? Wile E. Coyote would come up with a better plan than that!" - John Crichton
"Bored now" - Vampire Willow

Posts: 669 | Location: UK | Registered: January 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kesmit
posted Hide Post
That's a sweet PW1 Collectress,all I got was plain white.

Posts: 668 | Location: Kent,UK | Registered: March 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Card Dude:
The T2 FW5 card has a variety of varients because I believe the material came from the boots worn by The Terminator which contained a lot of stitching.

Heres mine:

http://img292.echo.cx/img292/3140/fw55yw.jpg

Awesome! I had no idea it was from his boots! I wonder if I should spray the thing for athletes foot. Razz

Great card! Thumb Up