Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Slayer Eagle question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Slayer Eagle question
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted
Is this sticker too rare to even be sought after? I ask this question as it was posed
To me this afternoon.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Cecil,

Posts: 736 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Check with Jeff Allender's checklist site for a brief mention of what may be this sticker. Assuming it is the one, it was never distributed normally, so that should make it rare.

As to its value, well that is a whole other question. Rarity is important, but you must have enough collectors who want it for there to be demand and a good market.

The beauty of this hobby is that it is so subjective. That Silver Eagle sticker means nothing to me, but somebody else could be looking for it for years.

An item can be too rare only if it has never been heard of or is a custom-made unlicensed issue. The fact that this sticker appears to be known and has some kind of story behind it would generally mean that you could find people who are interested in acquiring it.

How much they are interested and how hard they are to find is something you will have to discover when you try to sell it. Wink

Posts: 10381 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does the rare "Cross" sticker exist ?

Posts: 3998 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:

I have never seen "Cross" or heard of anyone that has.

Posts: 736 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have noticed that people say the "Souls of Black" and "Ball and Chain" stickers are very hard to find also, but ironically, just looking right now "you know where" I see several auctions that have those 2 with the other 16

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I have noticed that people say the "Souls of Black" and "Ball and Chain" stickers are very hard to find also, but ironically, just looking right now "you know where" I see several auctions that have those 2 with the other 16

Souls of Black and Ball and Chain are short print.
Back in the day I opened a couple cases. The first
case had only 16 different stickers while the
Second case had I think 5 boxes that had generous
amounts of the short prints.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
While the Rockcards set might not rank among the must-haves of the 90's, it is certainly a known commodity. I heard about the set in the late 90's when I bought a set of the 1991 Anaheim promos.

When I look at the card trading threads on this forum I see people looking to complete a good diversity of sets. Back in the 90's, a collector could go to comic books store and pick up some packs of different sets but decide not to chase a few. Something like Rockcards could get more interest now that people are hearing there are some rare-but-still-attainable stickers to chase compared to the increasing number of near-impossible-to-find hits of recent sets.

Was the Slayer Eagle sticker another short-print/recalled item or was it given out at shows?

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
It was pulled from production, early enough that it's not included in the poster of the set. The poster was included in the cases.

quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
While the Rockcards set might not rank among the must-haves of the 90's, it is certainly a known commodity. I heard about the set in the late 90's when I bought a set of the 1991 Anaheim promos.

When I look at the card trading threads on this forum I see people looking to complete a good diversity of sets. Back in the 90's, a collector could go to comic books store and pick up some packs of different sets but decide not to chase a few. Something like Rockcards could get more interest now that people are hearing there are some rare-but-still-attainable stickers to chase compared to the increasing number of near-impossible-to-find hits of recent sets.

Was the Slayer Eagle sticker another short-print/recalled item or was it given out at shows?

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
Not that many people seem to care but one was given away for $26 yesterday at that devil site.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
Well, I guess my original question has been answered. I just sold my last SLAYER EAGLE, so I can put that item to rest.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So how much did you get for your Slayer Eagle? Did it turn out to be rare and wanted, or just rare and forgotten?

Posts: 10381 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A few have appeared recently.

quote:
Originally posted by Cecil:
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:

I have never seen "Cross" or heard of anyone that has.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
So how much did you get for your Slayer Eagle? Did it turn out to be rare and wanted, or just rare and forgotten?

$150.00 to a guy overseas that was extremely happy to add it to his collection.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Cecil, where have you been since April 5th 2018? Big Grin Better late than never. Wink

Happy you got a nice price on that one. Smile

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, he is in a different time zone.

Jess

quote:
Cecil, where have you been since April 5th 2018? Big Grin Better late than never. Wink

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
I got caught up in playing music, keeping the wife happy, now I’m shopping for a new guitar. The only set I’m working on still is the 1979 Warner Bros. Music promo cards which I’m down to one card happily- the Ry Cooper card!

I hope everyone stays safe and healthy! Maybe we can meet up in May in Chicago!

quote:

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There is a Slayer Eagle sticker on Ebay now with an asking price of $ 300

Posts: 3998 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

I’m working on still is the 1979 Warner Bros. Music promo cards which I’m down to one card happily- the Ry Cooper card!

Should this be Ry Cooder or is there a Ry Cooper?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's Cooder for sure.

quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:

I’m working on still is the 1979 Warner Bros. Music promo cards which I’m down to one card happily- the Ry Cooper card!

Should this be Ry Cooder or is there a Ry Cooper?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey Cecil,

If you look out over "the bay," you'll see a reasonably-priced Ry Cooder card floating out there.

Good luck,

Jess

quote:
I got caught up in playing music, keeping the wife happy, now I’m shopping for a new guitar. The only set I’m working on still is the 1979 Warner Bros. Music promo cards which I’m down to one card happily- the Ry Cooper card!

I hope everyone stays safe and healthy! Maybe we can meet up in May in Chicago!

quote: