Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Merry Christmas
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope that you and yours had a great day and that you received at least one gift that was card orientated. If so, tell us what you got! I scored money to buy more cards with, now how good is that!

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas btlfannz

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas!! I got some Doctor Who Monster Invasion packs in my stocking!

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paul hart
posted Hide Post
Happy christmas chris
Have a great day!! Wave

Posts: 353 | Location: uk | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Monsterama2000
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas! My wife got me a few packs each of Star Wars Galactic Files, Star Wars Galaxy 7 and Americana. My son got me a gift card to my local comic book store. I'll probably get some cards with it.

Posts: 120 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas everyone. I bought my kids some Garbage Pail Kids packs from Santa. I also bought 3 retails packs of Walking Dead cards for myself.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hope all are having a wonderful day and posted my SS cards under that topic.

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I bought myself some cards on Ebay for a Christmas present. Better than nothing, I guess.

Posts: 2509 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas all!

No card-related gifts per se, but I did get plenty of loot relating to my other hobby (painting garage kits.) So it's all good! Thumb Up

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
quote:
, but I did get plenty of loot relating to my other hobby (painting garage kits.) So it's all good! Thumb Up

Painting Garage Kits
1. Paints for painting a kit set of a garage.
2. Paints for painting kit sets inside a garage.
3. Kits for the painting of garages with.

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Santa through some luck my way, walked into my local comic book store and found a sealed box of TWDS2. Paid full MSRP and was happy to do it!

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by btlfannz:
quote:
, but I did get plenty of loot relating to my other hobby (painting garage kits.) So it's all good! Thumb Up

Painting Garage Kits
1. Paints for painting a kit set of a garage.
2. Paints for painting kit sets inside a garage.
3. Kits for the painting of garages with.

LOL, #2: close, but not quite. Wink

Garage Kits: independently-produced, often limited-run resin model kits or busts. In the early days of the hobby, these were almost always cast by an individual in their garage or work room, hence the term "garage kit". All require washing, priming and painting, as these are not pre-paint statues, but true kits.

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas Debi
It brings back a very old memory. When I was a kid (mumble mumble) years ago the go thing was plaster of Paris rubber molds. You made up the plaster of Paris (by adding water)and poured it into the mold. Then you tapped it gently to bring the air bubbles to the surface and waited til it set hard. Carefully peeling it out of the rubber mold was the tricky bit and I was always always far too impatient to wait and inevitably broke off part of the model while getting it out. However, once out safely they could be painted in variously bright colours and presented to Mum for a gift. She would proudly display them until they either "accidentally" got broken or otherwise inexplicably "disappeared" some weeks later!
Anyway, from there I progressed into Airfix hot rod models which I displayed in my bedroom. Mum called them 'dust gatherer'
Thanks for the memory!!s

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
Santa through some luck my way, walked into my local comic book store and found a sealed box of TWDS2. Paid full MSRP and was happy to do it!

Wow!!! You must have been very good this year John. I asked my LCS guy if he had any TWDS2 boxes and he told me he sold them on feebay for a nice profit.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post