Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Entertainers in Leaf Inscriptions 2012?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Entertainers in Leaf Inscriptions 2012?
 Login/Join

posted
I've been away from the card collecting scene for a while, but randomly wandered back into it when some autographs piqued my interest online. I found on card entertainer signers on Leaf Inscriptions cards.

I've seen John Noble, Sean Astin, Michael C. Hall, Ellen Page, Dave Bautista, etc. and yet I can't confirm what product they're from (sell sheet has no mention, design slightly differs, and they were on ebay prior to street date).- or any other stats regarding who signed, SP's, rarity etc. Does anyone have any information?

Posts: 33 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: May 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Could they have been from Press Pass Platinum Inscribed Signature Edition? Both it and Leaf Inscriptions released this week.

The Press Pass set is all cut signatures and mostly entertainment.

Leaf Inscriptions, from what I can gather, is strictly sports.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I think there are two Leaf products with signatures out now, Leaf Cut Signatures and Leaf History of Baseball. The Cut Signature 2012 edition are celebrities and many big names that have no certified autographs appear to be included.

I don't know what to say about this type of product. As an autograph collector its certainly a way to get signatures of celebrities you like. The problem is, the actual "card" looks terrible a lot of the time. That's because it really isn't a card, but rather a sealed holder for whatever piece of photo, or check, or scrap paper, or index card, etc., was signed.

This autograph is than certified by whom ever the company, in this case Leaf, gets to do the authentication. You have to trust this certification process. You also have to realize that many of these signatures are cut off of items that you likely wouldn't have bought if you saw the intact original yourself.

Please understand I'm not questioning the process, just explaining the whole concept of cut signatures. Autographs that may not sell on their own are certified and rebranded as something that will sell for a greater profit.

Cut signatures began as a way of getting autographs of the deceased, but now I would guess that just as many, if not more, of these people are alive rather than dead.

I like the idea and I do pick some up, but the appearance, framing and price are very important to me. If the person has a regular certified card in some product I will not buy a cut, I'd rather have a true autograph card.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10387 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There may be a slight misunderstanding. I'm familiar with Leaf (formerly) Razor Cut Signatures (never liked it), and Pop Century having entertainment autographs.

However, I've looked into the new 2012 Leaf Inscriptions release, and can't find mention of nonsports signers. I've attached a picture of the card that brought this up originally- I did purchase it. On ebay there's none live, but multiple entertainer/similar ones in Completed Listings, and they're all on card, [identical generic cards].

The "Ellen Page Autograph Only" is on a clear sticker (difficult to tell in image).

So is this a subset in the $100/pck. Leaf Inscriptions that just came out, or some weird promo that was put into a former release... perhaps hinting at future Pop Century signers? Leaf is notorious for releasing things like checklists and specifics well after release, but I hoped someone would know something about them.

TL;DR - What are they, and when/how were they released. Are they SP's, Promos, Std.?

Posts: 33 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: May 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They are included in Leaf Holiday Bonus packs.

I emailed Brian Gray to find out -- he's quite accessible. He told me there isn't a checklist.

Posts: 5412 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
They are included in Leaf Holiday Bonus packs.

I emailed Brian Gray to find out -- he's quite accessible. He told me there isn't a checklist.

Well now I feel like an idiot. Thanks for your help Jon, never heard of these packs until now. Didn't understand how a set that feature names like Schwarzenneger wasn't mentioned here or on BO.