Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Lady death series 3 Parallel Clearchrome set question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lady death series 3 Parallel Clearchrome set question
 Login/Join

posted
I have a few questions to anyone who knows their stuff.. I've gotten very vague answers from people that I believe are trying to over sell me stuff or hype up the rarity more than it truley is.

So I understand there are hot boxes. Making it quite much easier to complete a parallel set and lowering the rarity of them.

I've been told that the clear chrome parallel set for lady death series 3.. is 1 clearchrome card per box and there were no hotboxes for it. Does anyone know if this is true?

Krome productions was known to make hot boxes..

Anyway thanks.

I'm also curious about the holochrome parallel sets from comic images... Best of hildebrandt, Boris, Royo, Frazetta, Conan 1,2,3,.. etc. I know for a fact that there were holochrome hot boxes for many of the sets making it much easier to complete one.. (normal boxes would have only 1 holochrome in them) People try to jack up the price of these cards way higher than they should be claiming the rarity to be 1 per box only.. which is not true due to the existence of hot boxes. I'm not sure if all the sets I listed above had hot boxes but I know for a fact Best of Royo, Best of Boris, Boris with Julie, Conan 3, and Hildebrandt: Separate and together all did have hot boxes... They tend to pop up on the bay quite regularly for under 100 dollars a set.. Which is reasonable in my opinion..

So I'm asking did : Best of hildebrandt, Best of frazetta, Conan 1, Conan 2, And lady death series 3 clear chrome have hot boxes? (Never seen them pop up on the bay except the lady death recently but the guy wants tons of dollars..)

There is one guy selling a series 3 lady death clear chrome 90 card set for a few thousand dollars on the bay right now.. claiming only 1 per box... I'd like to hear some information from someone unbiased though.

Posts: 34 | Location: canada | Registered: April 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
All I know for certain is that there was one clear chrome card per box for Lady Death 3. I think I opened two boxes and I have two of the cards. I don't remember anything about that particular hot box though.

Posts: 2505 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply. Any info is great.

Posts: 34 | Location: canada | Registered: April 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I collected some Comic Images sets back then (Stout, Olivia) but bought only one box that would apply, Best of Olivia, and it had just one holochrome as advertised.

I did notice that 1-2 dealers had sets of the holochromes for sale. It seemed unlikely that they'd assembled a set opening even several cases. I figured maybe a set was some kind of case incentive because the it was a pretty good deal even at the retail level (maybe $150-200, as I recall) relative to the difficulty in building the set card-by-card.

I sent an email to a friend who was a dealer at the time to see what he knows and will pass on what he says.

I miss Comic Images. The company wanted to bring a wide variety of artwork to card collecting and it succeeded.

quote:
Originally posted by heyder:
Thanks for the reply. Any info is great.

Posts: 4391 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool. Thanks for the reply. It'll be interesting to hear what your friend knows. I found out by asking around that dealers/shop owners would get hot boxes for case incentives for some of the chromium sets by comic images. These hot boxes would have a holochrome card per pack... thus making it much easier to complete a set. I believe they did not do that with all of the chromium sets.. but definately a fair chunk of them. Perhaps it is the same with the Olivia.