Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    An old collector looking for advice
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An old collector looking for advice
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted
A number of years ago I was active on this forum (hello to anyone who might still be around), but now I find myself 'out of the game' and looking for some advice.

Simply put, is there a good resource available to figure out a decent price for what someone has to offer or has the landscape changed in the last ten years? I'm looking to create space where boxes of trading cards currently exist.

Thanks for any pointers.

PS. Is Wolfie still around?

Posts: 1847 | Location: London, UK | Registered: August 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paul hart
posted Hide Post
Hi
Ebay is best place to figure out a rough idea of price-although very variable!
Depends on age of cards and scarcity obviously-things have changed a lot in last 10 years-
Wolfe is always here Smile
Paul

Posts: 353 | Location: uk | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There are a number of topics on here discussing the best ways to sell cards. eBay is always a good place to start. The options really are going to depend on how much time you want to put into it. Good luck!

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by paul hart:
Hi
Ebay is best place to figure out a rough idea of price-although very variable!
Depends on age of cards and scarcity obviously-things have changed a lot in last 10 years-
Wolfe is always here Smile
Paul

Cheers, Paul.

Still own your Gum Guides.

Will give eBay a chance at setting expectations. It's not about price, but knowing what to expect. And I also own some stuff that I haven't seen listed. For example, a BTVS season 1 base set uncut sheet. Who knows what, if anything, that's worth.

Posts: 1847 | Location: London, UK | Registered: August 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BCW:

PS. Is Wolfie still around?

I've heard it said but i don't believe em. Big Grin Wavey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Welcome BCW - I remember you and have wondered how you were doing.

Yes, Wolfie is still here, we tried all the insecticides and they had no effect on him, and he's too smart to take the bait in the traps, so we've learned to live with him...

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
If you want to buy a book. there is also the 3rd edition of the Beckett Non-Sport Almanac from last year. Now I don't hold that any price guides are accurate, even when new, but dealers do consult these things, if only to make it seem like their selling prices have some support. Big Grin

Typically for, an in demand card only, they will try to sell at a slight discount off the high column and buy at less than the low column. Not offending dealers, their job is not to buy cards back.

Ebay is the best source for an idea of current prices, but just like guides, you can get a rough ballpark figure, but its a big ballpark. Do check out the other threads, discussions on how to get rid of your card collection have been done to death. Lots of luck.

Posts: 10375 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of <<<<ALDO_NOVA>>>>
posted Hide Post
I look at ebay now and then, for sets that I wanted in the past and have gotten some great deals after the show disappeared into the mist years before! Amazing how fast prices drop, after the show vanishes from the television landscape, as viewers move onto something else!

Posts: 217 | Location: Where you can't find me!!!!!! | Registered: August 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
We've established Ebay a great starting point. Gauging on forums like these which sets / shows /films etc are still popular or have a strong fan base could be a good start too.

Are you look to sell whole set or job lots or split up sets or single high chase cards? This would help in giving more tailored advice.

Perhaps decide which you hope to get the most money from and maybe bargain price others you're not so attached to (Assuming you want a quick sale).

If you want to try and squeeze every penny you can out of the sale(s) then researching first is a must. Getting the highest reasonable return. Are they all in Near Mint?

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post