Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Promo Card Encyclopedia & Price Guide No longer Published?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Promo Card Encyclopedia & Price Guide No longer Published?
 Login/Join

posted
It has been a long time, I am learning the last year they did that was 2008. Why is it no longer published? Mad

Posts: 94 | Location: Florida | Registered: January 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
You can only update a book like this every so many years, it certainly would not be an annual thing.

However armed with the 2008 edition and your latest NSU price guide that should tell you all you need to know.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Peter Cooper:

Yes, exactly as Wolfie says. Also, it was never advertised as a regular publication and we've been working on a Second Edition.

By the way, the first Edition is still available and at a reduced rate!! We have complete details about it here.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Wolfie & H_Toser- I have seen that on your site does it come with any promo cards? lol. I need to get myself some reading material.

Posts: 94 | Location: Florida | Registered: January 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by peterc:
Thanks Wolfie & H_Toser- I have seen that on your site does it come with any promo cards? lol. I need to get myself some reading material.

You could buy base sets and read the back of the cards. Thumb Up Big Grin

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goldenavenger:

You mean there is something on the back? Eek

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goldenavenger:
quote:
Originally posted by peterc:

Coca cola premium collector cards ruined my eyes. cant do it anymore Roll Eyes

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Harris,

What is the status of the next edition? I was wondering if Beckett now has the rights or if it was something your family held onto.

Is Todd working on it? I used to send him info and cards - still have the early stapled-together editions. Feel free to use the info provided in the "General Promo Talk" thread.

It would be cool if it were published next year. Bill Defranzo considered 1988 as sort of the birth year of modern promos. Obviously, there were cards given out before that (product premiums, oddball show giveaways, etc.) but he wanted to have something to celebrate, I think. He did a 20th anniversary article in a 2008 NSU issue. I actually found that one on Ebay some time ago but have lost track of it.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Peter Cooper:

Yes, exactly as Wolfie says. Also, it was never advertised as a regular publication and we've been working on a Second Edition.

By the way, the first Edition is still available and at a reduced rate!! We have complete details about it here.

Posts: 4407 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post