Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Who has the Firefly license?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who has the Firefly license?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted
The tenth anniversary is coming up, and I wonder if anyone will be releasing a set.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure who has the license, but I would definitely be in for that if someone was to do a set Big Grin

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I can't imagine anyone would do a 10th anniversary set for this show. How about the X-Files 20th anniversay coming up in 2013, probably won't see that either Frown

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
What is there to release? There is no new ground to cover. From memory Inkworks did very thorough sets for Firefly and Serenity back in the day with which were very popular because near enough all major cast memebers signed.

As much as I love the X-Files, its the same problem. Every season had some coverage in a card set and all the major stars of the show have already signed so as much as I'd love a new matching pair of on-card Mulder & Scully autos (the sticker ones from IWTB don't cut it!) sadly, I don't think there is a market there anymore.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Considering that the last X-Files movie card set (and the film itself) did so poorly, I doubt you'll see more X-Files cards

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I would love to see another Firefly set. Perhaps I'm biased as I'm a huge fan of the show but I believe another card set could be a hit. Look at how popular the previous sets continue to be. The problem would be, as stated by X, that all the main cast members already signed so there wouldn't be anything new as far as autographs go. Unless maybe a triple auto of Summer, Jewel, and Morena. Luv You One can only dream.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Considering that the last X-Files movie card set (and the film itself) did so poorly, I doubt you'll see more X-Files cards

There still is more of a reason to do an X-Files set than a set for a show that lasted only 15 episodes imho.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
quote:
Originally posted by David R:

There still is more of a reason to do an X-Files set than a set for a show that lasted only 15 episodes imho.

Unfortunately I can't disagree with that Sidewinder Shake Head
As much as I love Firefly, I'm just thankful that that they made a Firefly AND Serenity set Big Grin
I think there are a lot of other TV shows that would make great card sets but never will. (hint hint Chuck)

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Wow why all the hate for Firefly? You know if a 10th anniversary set was made the Browncoats would buy tons of them. Having just come back form Dragoncon I can tell you that there are tons of them. A new set would new nice, even if it was the new pack style. I know that there have been comics and novels since then that have kept Firefly alive and look what happened last year when Nathan even joked about trying to get the show back. 1000's where ready to give their own money to get the show back up as a series of shorts for the web. I think a new set of full bleed auto's would be great, beyond the main cast (who you know will all sign) here is a small list I have put together:

Mark Sheppard
Jeff Ricketts and Dennis Cockrum
Dax Griffin
Fredric Lehne
Sarah Paulson
Carlos Jacott
Richard Brooks
Yan and Rafael Feldman
Larry Drake
Joss Whedon
Nectar Rose.
Michael Hitchcock
David Krumholtz
Melinda Clarke
Bonnie Bartlett

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I agree with you Chris. The 10th Anniversary is why I asked the question. And since people brought up X-Files, it's 20th Anniversary is coming up. Still alot of fans out there for these shows. The main reason I went to DragonCon this year is for 6 X-Files autographs.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I myself am a Browncoat Big Grin

They are still going strong here in Australia, it was only a couple of weekends ago that we had our big Charity event.
Unfortunately I live on the other side of Australia and couldn't make it, I was very depressed leading up to that weekend knowing I was going to miss out.

Picture of wvfan
posted Hide Post
There still alot of Firefly fans all over. I would love a new set. Espically with Josh Whedon auto Firely didnt last to long but will remain forever.

Browncoat for live

Posts: 130 | Location: petersburg WV | Registered: December 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
I cannot express how much I enjoyed serenity and firefly. It was completely unique and special to mer. I have master ets of both and would welcome............

to be honest a new film or new episodes. Come on guys lets see more!!!!

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve j:
I cannot express how much I enjoyed serenity and firefly. It was completely unique and special to mer. I have master ets of both and would welcome............

to be honest a new film or new episodes. Come on guys lets see more!!!!

Couldn't agree with you more! Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Maybe they should make a new movie, then they could definately do a new card set for that Smile

I mentioned the X-Files 20th set because I'd really like to see a on card dual David/Gillian auto, I really didn't like the look of the sticker one Frown

I think I'm looking back on past shows because I really don't watch a lot of new programmes anymore. Hardly any new licenses interest me, my faves are all shows that have finished Frown The only other show I'd love a set on is The Closer, that is my favourite show now.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline:
Wow why all the hate for Firefly? You know if a 10th anniversary set was made the Browncoats would buy tons of them. Having just come back form Dragoncon I can tell you that there are tons of them. A new set would new nice, even if it was the new pack style. I know that there have been comics and novels since then that have kept Firefly alive and look what happened last year when Nathan even joked about trying to get the show back. 1000's where ready to give their own money to get the show back up as a series of shorts for the web. I think a new set of full bleed auto's would be great, beyond the main cast (who you know will all sign) here is a small list I have put together:

Mark Sheppard
Jeff Ricketts and Dennis Cockrum
Dax Griffin
Fredric Lehne
Sarah Paulson
Carlos Jacott
Richard Brooks
Yan and Rafael Feldman
Larry Drake
Joss Whedon
Nectar Rose.
Michael Hitchcock
David Krumholtz
Melinda Clarke
Bonnie Bartlett

I have someone else to add to that list Chris, Zac Efron. I have just today had it pointed out to me that he was in it, as young Simon in the episode "Safe"
Firefly is now ruined for me, I very much dislike Mr Efron.
Well, I'll just have to try and forget because I love the show too much, hopefully, oneday Twak

It would get the masses in though don't you think?. Think of all those tweenys that would love his autograph Eek

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:

It would get the masses in though don't you think?. Think of all those tweenys that would love his autograph Eek

Doubtful. Mr. Efron is not nearly as popular as he was a couple of years back. From what I've seen, part of the long-lasting love for Firefly has been the expansion and creative embrace of the mythology of it. With the autographs all but covered, at least in the major roles, and readily available, I think the best approach for a new set would be with sketch cards. Live action is tougher to pull of but if passionate artists were brought in, I suspect they'd put only their best into it.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
Doubtful. Mr. Efron is not nearly as popular as he was a couple of years back. From what I've seen, part of the long-lasting love for Firefly has been the expansion and creative embrace of the mythology of it. With the autographs all but covered, at least in the major roles, and readily available, I think the best approach for a new set would be with sketch cards. Live action is tougher to pull of but if passionate artists were brought in, I suspect they'd put only their best into it.

Very true. Smile