Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Disney Wild About Safety cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disney Wild About Safety cards
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted
A couple of years ago in a Disney transportation cards thread, we had a discussion about the Wild About Safety set. The cards are handed out in Disney parks to teach kids about park safety. Beamer said the set consisted of 15 cards, a red wild card, a green wild card, a "wet and see" card, a flyer and a coloring book.

I didn't have the green wild card, wet and see card, or flyer, but have been patiently watching for them. I recently won an auction for everything except the green wild card. To my surprise, there was one additional base card, #16 Wash Your Paws Often. Does anyone know when that was added to the set? Also, I'd love more info about the green wild card. I've never even seen a picture of it.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If I had to make a guess, I'd say #16 was added sometime in 2012. #15 was added in 2011 and #16 wasn't there yet. Disney has a habit of avoiding confusing details like dates on their cards.

I don't have pictures, but perhaps some items are "retired." Beamer said that the flyer pictured 13 cards, so it might have been made only at the beginning.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
Just to keep my checklist up to date, does #16 has square corners or round corners? Thanks for letting us know.

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
I have seen the #16 card for sale on eBay. I don't have it yet but I talked to people about it. It was released late in 2012 as Jeff said.

Disney did the same thing with the transportation cards. After the 18 card set was released, they issued they 25 card set. Then 2 corrected cards were produced. Now there is a 26 card set. I am going back to Disney World in October to find these additional cards.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a set of 13 + red wild card - all with rounded corners.
1) On Beamer's checklist about half are listed with both round and square corners. The rest aren't specified, Did these only come with round corners.
2) What are the corners on 14-16.
Link to scans: http://tradingcardspace.com/va...bnails.php?album=417

Posts: 163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: October 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Szym:
Just to keep my checklist up to date, does #16 has square corners or round corners? Thanks for letting us know.

Card #16 has round corners, as do #14 and #15. I've never seen the regular cards with square corners.

Thanks to everyone for the info. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kbmum,

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is one of those sets where Disney prints more if they run out (and if they remain popular). They can add cards to feature another attraction or edit the cards, and they might not tell us if they "retired" some. Square corners undoubtedly indicated a different card stock in one of the printings. Variants keep the kids (including big ones) coming back. Razz

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post