Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    How do you plan on disposing of your collection?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do you plan on disposing of your collection?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Oh, Beamer, I'm so very sorry that you had to part with your collection and that you still miss it. I know that your wife must appreciate your sacrifice. I'm glad that you kept your one memento and that it means so very much to you! You can count on a very long hug from me if you're at the May Philly show. And, I hope you don't mind if there are a few tears shed as well.

In 2014, I spent a lot of time organizing my cards -- figuring out, for the most part, what I had and what I was missing (although I'm still finding some things tucked away that I didn't know I had!). I then started slowly selling off some of my extras and concentrated on only buying cards to fill in holes in the collections (with a few momentary lapses). In the past couple of years, the lapses stopped and I started trying to sell off more of my collections. I've realized that I have way too much stuff (not just cards) and that nobody will want it when I'm gone. And, like has been said by others, family just won't know the value of a lot of what I have (or want to put in the work to obtain the best price for it). Plus, I may be moving in the next several year. Like Beamer, I'm realizing that I don't want to move it (or have family try to deal with all my stuff after I'm gone). I'm trying to minimize what I have in all respects. Once I retire, it would be nice to travel. If the cards (and other stuff) help fund that, Yay!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Deena,

Posts: 465 | Location: Sarasota, FL, USA | Registered: June 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
"In the end, I knew there was no way I could take it with us so I was very lucky to find someone who was interested in it. After spending the good part of a day going through everything, their van was loaded with my life long collection, and I stood in my driveway watching as they drove off with my heart and soul."

Beamer,
I'm hoping to see you at the may Philly Show and reminisce if you're going. So many things have happened in the hobby since we met almost 25 years ago. Hopefully you are enjoying our perennial warm weather in the Sunshine State! I know how much you loved your cards so I feel for you, man.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post