Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    X MEN 2 (the movie) retail chase cards
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X MEN 2 (the movie) retail chase cards
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I sent Archifou a couple of e-mails about the #3 foil but never received any reply. Oh well...

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
cardaddict

Hi cardaddict,

You are on my list but I am very busy right now, be patient. It's yours. I will let you know shorlty.

Stephane

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm looking to trade for Prismatic Foil and Clear Cling cards from the retail version of the X-Men 2 movie cards.

Cards Wanted

X-Treme Prismatic Foil Cards
7 - Rogue

X-Citing Clear Cards
C4 - Wolverine
C5 - Lady Deathstrike

Cards for Trade

X-Treme Prismatic Foil Cards
3 - Magento
4 - Mystique
6 - Profesor Xavier
8 - Storm
9 - Wolverine
10 - Lady Deathstrike

X-Citing Clear Cards
C1 - Magneto
C2 - Nightcrawler

If you're interested in making a trade get in touch with me!

Thanks

Ed (ottawa_ed)

Posts: 80 | Location: Canada | Registered: September 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
[QUOTE]cardaddict

Hi cardaddict,

You are on my list but I am very busy right now, be patient. It's yours. I will let you know shorlty.

Thanks Stephane. I was afraid the e-mails didn't get through!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bump to the top. Hoping to raise awareness so people start digging through their collections for these gems. In my opinion, these are more valuable than the autos (besides Singer of course)...

Posts: 283 | Location: San Jose, USA | Registered: September 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
UPDATE - Just received foil #8 in the mail. Special thanks to ebay seller, NSU member ottawa-ed.

Foils #1-10 COMPLETE!! Clap
Clear #C1-C4

Just need #C5 and the Bryan Singer auto to finish this master set. Yay!

Posts: 283 | Location: San Jose, USA | Registered: September 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
The retail version is pretty tough to complete as for Singer autograph. Good luck on the C5 - Lady Deathstrike and Singer!

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had my chances a few years ago but blew it Frown
- The CL5 was available as part of mixed lot of inserts but I was outbid. In hindsight, I should have bid more aggressively.
- The Bryan Singer was sold for around $200 while searching completed auctions. Now I have a saved search on ebay to avoid missing the next one.

posted Hide Post
After 2+ years, I FINALLY did it. The last retail insert I need (C5) should be arriving some time today. Can't wait to get off work and put it in the binder with the rest of its brothers & sisters.

Scans coming soon...! Luv You Clap Dance

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390409...id=p3984.m1439.l2649

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
You are one lucky mutant!

posted Hide Post
That's right. The mutant powers of patience & persistence have finally paid off Wink

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've found it's hard to find,I don't know why.

Posts: 1 | Location: newyork | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi, Anyone still selling these?

Posts: 3 | Location: CA | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jordanstine:
Hi, Anyone still selling these?

Welcome to the forum! Unfortunately, buying and selling is not permitted on the forum except in the advertising forums. Sorry about that.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
It still amazes me to this day how rock hard these cards are to find, especially compared to the Retail Foils for the first film. Still need one more clear card to finish this set - only been trying for 6 odd years!

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I completely forgot about this thread. As an update, I did manage to snag a Bryan Singer auto, so this set has been officially mastered =)

posted Hide Post
3 years after finishing the set, I was finally able to snag a sealed retail box for the bargain price of $40 after shipping on the bay. Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Congrats Booker! I used to be some of your eBay competition for X-Men 1 hobby boxes back in the day. I remember for a decent stretch of them either I was winning them or you were. I want to say 2007/2008. I've long since moved on and sold all those cards but I have to say I admire your persistence and dedication to X-Men. I often wish I could narrow my collection down to a couple sets and find some focus instead of being scattered all over the place. Big Grin

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Topps X-Men 1 was the set that introduced me to the hobby. The picture they used for the Wolverine autograph really drew me in. I love the double claws and shadowy look on his face. The autograph lineup is just so awesome and even though I have all the cards, I still buy hobby boxes to this day because it's such a fun break (I just bought another box for $55 shipped).

And X-Men 2 is special to me because of how satisfying it was to finish that tough to complete retail set. I can't believe how long it took to complete, and I'm still surprised that I had the patience to continue. Getting that last card was just a great feeling.

Having the emotional connections to these cards make it really easy to keep. I haven't had the same feeling for another set since, which is kind of sad because I love collecting cards. I guess X-Men Origins: Wolverine has come the closest, but I'm not a fan of sketch cards as it makes master sets too difficult and expensive to complete. Anyways, enough of me rambling on. Just wanted to share my love of the X-Men. Really hoping they can create new sets one day...