Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    X MEN 2 (the movie) retail chase cards
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X MEN 2 (the movie) retail chase cards
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted
Why is it so hard to find the retail Topps X MEN 2 chase cards? I never see them on E-bay. Were they short printed?
I am referring to the CLEAR CARDS, of which I was only able to pull C2, C3 and C4 (of 5) from packs and...
The PRISMATIC FOIL CARDS, of which I only pulled 4, 5, 6 and 7 (of 10).

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Yes, I've found these are impossible to find as well - I wonder why?

I think I am one short of each from the having all the clear and prismatic cards, but to be honest I have all but given up looking!

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
I know it's not the right spot but I have #3 Prismatic Foil Magneto if I can help.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I only remember finding them at Wal-Mart, I have all the clear cards and 8 of the 10 foils.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
I only remember finding them at Wal-Mart, I have all the clear cards and 8 of the 10 foils.

I believe they were at the old Cost Cutters too!!!

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
I know it's not the right spot but I have #3 Prismatic Foil Magneto if I can help.

If you want to trade or sell, I am interested!

I found all my cards from packs at Target and Meijer.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too have had a tough time with these cards. I've got all mine from online auctions at EBay. I still need X-Treme Foil card #7 (Rogue) and X-Citing Clear cards #C3, C4, C5 (Storm, Wolverine and Lady Deathstrike acordingly.

Posts: 80 | Location: Canada | Registered: September 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ottawa_ed:
I too have had a tough time with these cards. I've got all mine from online auctions at EBay. I still need X-Treme Foil card #7 (Rogue) and X-Citing Clear cards #C3, C4, C5 (Storm, Wolverine and Lady Deathstrike acordingly.

Just to clarify, you mean Prismatic Foil Card #7 Rogue, correct? I have not heard them referred to as X-Treme foil for X-Men 2. And the Prismatic Foil card #7 IS ROGUE.

posted Hide Post
Cardaddict,

I'm going by the nomenclature given to the sets in Jeff Allenders website.

Posts: 80 | Location: Canada | Registered: September 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree, these are very hard to come by. I've been searching for awhile, but never had much luck on ebay. In fact, I've seen the Bryan Singer auto more times than these inserts, and that's saying something considering the Singer is 1 in 4000+ packs.

Anyways, if anyone wants to quit his/her search, I'll gladly trade for the singles you have. (Currently, I only have foils 1,2,3 and the C4 clear card...)

Posts: 283 | Location: San Jose, USA | Registered: September 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
cardaddict

Hi cardaddict please email me.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Woohoo! Just got some more retail cards to fill in the gaps. Now I have:
Foils #1-7
Clear #C1,C3,C4
Only 5 more retail cards left to finish the mini-master set.
Only 1 auto (Singer) left to finish the master set.
Wish me luck Razz

Posts: 283 | Location: San Jose, USA | Registered: September 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
UPDATE - After opening some retail packs, I now have the following:
Foils #1-7 + extra # 3 & 5
Clear #C1-C4 + extra # C3

If anyone has foils 8-10 or C5, I would be willing to trade my extras in your favor.

posted Hide Post
UPDATE - Looks like I'm the only one actively collecting this stuff. Opened some more retail packs and got a #10 foil I needed, plus some extras as trade bait. Here's the tally so far:

Foils #1-7, 10 + extra #3, 5, 10
Clear #C1-C4 + extra #C3 (x3!)

Just need foils #8,9 and C5 now. The hunt continues....

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I'm still actively collecting them, but I have no clue where to find these cards. I mainly only check Ebay and one local monthly card show, and never see them.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm still actively collecting them, but I have no clue where to find these cards. I mainly only check Ebay and one local monthly card show, and never see them.

cardaddict I still have Foil #3 if need it. Email me Smile

Stephane

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:

+1

I'd love to finish my set but they are scarce I only have one spare for trade (Nightcrawler foil). As for buying singles... hen's teeth are easier to find! And I don't fancy paying to ship retail boxes overseas to potentially pull doubles. Oh to be 2 cards away with no end in sight!

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+2

I've exhausted all my options as well. I googled "topps x-men" and found a couple websites that had unopened packs. I bought all their stock (29 total packs), but was still unable to finish the set.

I wonder why these cards are so rare? Retail for X-Men 1 is so plentiful that you can't even give it away.....while X-Men 2 is nowhere to be found. I know X-Men 2 was heavily advertised (ie. there were all sorts of fast food related promos, which were not available for part 1), so it doesn't make sense that Topps would limit the retail supply this much. There has to be a warehouse of this stuff sitting somewhere waiting to be discovered....I just know it!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
[QUOTE]I'm still actively collecting them, but I have no clue where to find these cards. I mainly only check Ebay and one local monthly card show, and never see them.

cardaddict I still have Foil #3 if need it. Email me Smile

Email sent!

I think I have an unopened retail box here somewhere, but I have no intention of opening it at the present time because: 1.They may be hard to get? and 2. I consider an unopened box part of the Master Set.

posted Hide Post
UPDATE - Just received foil #9 in the mail. Here's the tally so far:

Foils #1-7, 9-10 + extra #3, 5, 10
Clear #C1-C4 + extra #C3 (x3!)

Just need Foil #8 and Clear C5 now. The hunt continues....