Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Bond Throwback Sets (RA)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bond Throwback Sets (RA)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of anthonyd
posted
Just wondering...are all (so far) of the James Bond throwback sets from Riitenhouse Archives in black & white?

Also - are the images grainy? I was checking some past sets on eBay and noticed the pictures seemed to be grainy. Wasn't sure if it was the scanner used or the actual product trying to get a "vintage" look on top of the white border throwback look.

Any info on these sets would be welcomed as I am looking forward to the Spy Who Loved Me set.

Posts: 802 | Location: MA | Registered: March 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
No, as the Tomorrow Never Dies set in the most recent Bond release, Archives 2014, is in full color, as are the gold stamped parallel cards.

This actually brings to mind a question I've had for some time now: why do all of the older Bond movies, specifically those with Connery, get portrayed in black and white on card releases? All of the movies are in color, so I don't understand the desire/need to do those in black and white. This just makes me feel old. Roll Eyes

Posts: 1457 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
Rittenhouse use a lot of original publicity photos from the James Bond movies, rather than take color screengrabs from DVDs.

A lot of the publicity photos pre-1980s were shot on black and white film for use in newspapers (remember when newspapers were in black and white?). Color film was much more expensive to buy and process, although it was used for publicity in magazines.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of anthonyd
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies.

I'm hoping some of Spy is in color. Smile

Posts: 802 | Location: MA | Registered: March 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post