Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mystery Boxes
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Still waiting for the first box to arrive, hopefully in the next few days! Smile

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
That's amazing! On the 1st of this month, four boxes left NZ. By the 8th the two UK boxes had arrived. By the 10th the first of the US boxes had arrived. Now 17 days from the date of the forth box mailing,Debi has still not received the box! So where is it??

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I received a box and will be mailing it off today.Hope the missing box turns up, things can get lost in the mail for days.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by btlfannz:
That's amazing! On the 1st of this month, four boxes left NZ. By the 8th the two UK boxes had arrived. By the 10th the first of the US boxes had arrived. Now 17 days from the date of the forth box mailing,Debi has still not received the box! So where is it??
Shipping to the States these days is highly unpredictable. I had one parcel I sent arrive in 3-4 days while another took 28. Both were sent via Regular Airmail. I think it sometimes depends on which way the wind is blowing on the day you send them Big Grin

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I currently have promo box 1.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Good news, Mystery Box Promo #2 has arrived in today's mail!

I have already been in contact with Sean and will be sending this box along on Monday. I'm just glad it showed up! Smile

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AWR
posted Hide Post
Received Mystery Box #2 Today

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Mystery Box (Promo #2) is traveling! (I forgot that Monday was a postal holiday. Smile )

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Mystery box old inserts arrived in the late afternoon mail yesterday. Can wait to look thru the cards.

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RevJay:
Can wait to look thru the cards.

I thought you would have been excited Big Grin

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Can wait to look thru the cards.

I thought you would have been excited Big Grin

Luv You I am excited, kinda. You see, I was looking forward to either of the mystery promo boxes. I don't collect many sets, old or new. And i go for mostly promos and base cards. I know I am in the very very small minority that does not focus on inserts or autos or sketch or... But I still enjoyed looking thru mystery box old inserts. Now to move it on to the next lucky collector.

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
mailed out mystery box inserts last week and get mystery box promos.

Elephant Elephant Elephant
happy happy happy dance

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's been quiet for a while here. ARe the sytery boxes still making the rounds. The promo box i have was mailed across the ocean. The other 3?

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's been quiet for a while here. Are the Mystery boxes still making the rounds. The promo box i have was mailed across the ocean. The other 3?

I have promo box 1 and it is going to make an unexpected move soon, more later. Wink

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm still waiting on Insert New box. Sean contacted me 11 days ago, asking if I'd received it. Nothing yet.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
It's been quiet for a while here. Are the Mystery boxes still making the rounds. The promo box i have was mailed across the ocean. The other 3?

I have promo box 1 and it is going to make an unexpected move soon, more later. Wink

I thought you were meant to have the box no more than 7 days not a month. Twak

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
OK It's time for an update. Mystery Box Old Inserts has originally done the rounds of the UK and was on-sent to the US. All of those participants (that requested it) have now received it too so now it's on its way back to me . Once received I will reload it and send it on its way again.

Mystery Box Inserts (New) is currently circulating in the US and will then go to the UK shortly

Promo #2 is now leaving the US and is on it's way to Wolfie in the UK

Finally, Promo #1 box is a problem. The last time I tracked it it went to Richard Farley (Triple Frog). However, communication has collapsed for some reason and I am not getting any response to my emails. The last one I sent came back with a message from his server to say the email was undeliverable. Can anyone who knows Richard please try to contact him?

Apart from all that the first round seems to have been working fairly satisfactorily. Some people are not seeing many boxes arrive in the mail as they maybe only subscribed to one box and once they have received it it will be a while before it comes back to them with new cards in it. According to my bookkeeping everyone has received at least one box of something.

As each box gets seen by all those who requested it, it will return to me and I will restock it with new cards and get them on their way again.

Anyone who would like to participate can still contact me to advise me which boxes they would like to receive.

A big thank you goes out to the current receivers of boxes, your quick turnaround is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Sean

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by btlfannz:

Finally, Promo #1 box is a problem. The last time I tracked it it went to Richard Farley (Triple Frog). However, communication has collapsed for some reason and I am not getting any response to my emails. The last one I sent came back with a message from his server to say the email was undeliverable. Can anyone who knows Richard please try to contact him?

Regards

Sean

Sean, i have all the info concerning this and will email you. Thumb Up

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I received Mystery Promo Box 2 a few days ago, pulled some nice cards from it, and put some nice ones back in. Just need to hear where they go next.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey Sean,

Still waiting to hear who I should mail Mystery Box Promo #1 to next. I know you've been having email troubles but let me know if you see this post?

Thanks! Wave