Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    ARTBOX DEATHLY HALLOWS PROP PUZZLE. HELP ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ARTBOX DEATHLY HALLOWS PROP PUZZLE. HELP ?
 Login/Join

posted
i have been collecting prop cards from the recent harry potter deathly hollows artbox cards.the strange thing is i have a prop poster card p5 no 24/220 it has the bottom of the letters EW from the word REWARD.
AND PROP P5 NO 146/220 WHICH ALSO HAS THE BOTTOM OF THE LETTERS EW IN THE CARD there are letters from the top of the words galleons also on the card ?they can both only come from the word reward as they cant fit anywere else.i thought there was only one poster used(i may be wrong)i contacted artbox but there not responding.does any one else no did they use more than one poster,the limit of 220 cards fits with only one poster being used so leaves me puzzled.

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
There must have been more than one poster made. perhaps they used the same bit from 2 or 3 posters to make the cards more interesting

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
There must have been more than one poster made. perhaps they used the same bit from 2 or 3 posters to make the cards more interesting

I thought when companies used props they showed a picture of the prop used?

If the've used more than one prop they should say so.

If as you state they may have used more than one prop does that also mean they may be more copies a particular prop card than stated?

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hi treksearcher, they show 1 picture of a poster on the front of the card,they normaly show a picture of several items if several were used.

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:

I thought when companies used props they showed a picture of the prop used?If they used 3 identical posters they are showing a picture of the Prop used

If the've used more than one prop they should say so.Do they say they used a number of the same prop? I don't know if they would be obliged to say that

If as you state they may have used more than one prop does that also mean they may be more copies a particular prop card than stated?I'm not stating anything just offering an opinion - there is no reason to suspect there are more than the number stated

vampy

What is the wording on the card? If it says "the poster" then there should only be one.

If there are prop cards with exactly the same word and that word is only on the poster once - they must have used more than one poster, what other explanation can there be?

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the card says. prop card contains authentic prop material used in the film harry potter deathly hallows undesirable no1 poster
the front shows one poster.i have other cards from different prop items these show multible items when multiple items are used.but why are artbox not responding to my simple to answer question about the number of posters used.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Haven't seen the film but i'd assume for that poster there were many displayed in the film, thus several made.

Technically it is a prop piece from "a" poster.

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vampy:
the card says. prop card contains authentic prop material used in the film harry potter deathly hallows undesirable no1 poster
the front shows one poster.i have other cards from different prop items these show multible items when multiple items are used.but why are artbox not responding to my simple to answer question about the number of posters used.

Artbox is probably not responding because...

A) They don't wish to share production information.

or

B) Their basic communication skills are lacking, just like their website updating skills.

Pick one. Twak

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post