Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    SPORTS ILLUSTRATED 2008
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SPORTS ILLUSTRATED 2008
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
I ve been collecting SI cards by stellar since they started with the 2003 collection,i have 2003-2007 but no one told me the 2008 had arrived and now they ve come and gone,i can't find a box anywhere,does anyone have or know where i could get one ?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cheifbrody,

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
It was a very small print run, and the Danica Patrick cards generated some interest after the release.

I've not seen a box in some time.

But, you should find a Friendly Dealer™ that publishes a newsletter letting you know of what's coming up. Getting all the information in one email is easier than scouring all the web looking for information.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5082 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
i m happy to say i found a box on ebay,took a month to arrive cost a lot and had a large customs charge as well,i m not opening till monday but like everyone else now, with fakes and my recent benchwarmer experience,i m worried that the shrink wrap looks a bit loose,i m trying to remember if this is how stellar packaging is ?
oh well we'll see on monday Smile

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Had the ratio of chase insert cards,x6 rookies,x6 danica patrick,x2 auto,x1 material Smile

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
Had the ratio of chase insert cards,x6 rookies,x6 danica patrick,x2 auto,x1 material Smile

Glad to see you had a good result with this box after your bad experience with the Benchwarmer box Thumb Up .

Those boxes are really hard to find at a reasonable price because Danica Patrick is so popular.

I met her in Las Vegas a few years ago at a promotional event before things really took off Smile and she was a very willing signer so long as you had a copy of her autobiography to sign as well Big Grin .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
Just a heads-up Chief, if you like the Stellar products they've cut their production quite a bit so that's why the prices have gone up a lot.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of trade-a-card
posted Hide Post
Don't miss the 2009 series then. They are already available Smile

Posts: 860 | Location: Germany | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
thanks for reply's Thumb Up
yes after missing the secret memo on the 2008 set i already found and preordered the 2009,i believe (if i m not mistaken) they re on the way ,and they include my favourite ginger brazilian model cintia dicker Smile