Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    How to tell if an FPG/Images autograph is fake?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to tell if an FPG/Images autograph is fake?
 Login/Join

posted
There are a few FPG sets that didn't have official stamps..

Were the official stamps ever faked?
Also how can you tell with earlier ones that had no official stamps
Sanjulian, ken kelly etc...

The Artists Choice by comic images: omnichrome autograph cards have no identifiable way of telling if it is real and pack pulled. Is there something I am missing here? All other comic image sets as far as I know had some authenticity. Very strange for a card set created in 1997.

Posts: 34 | Location: canada | Registered: April 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cards with official stamps have been faked.

FPG sent full sheets of cards to the artists for signatures. After the cards were signed the sheets were UV coated and cut apart.

To my knowledge all FPG autographed cards (not the stickers) were signed under the UV coating.

That's the best way to tell a real from a fake.

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I will check when I get home from work. Hopefully I wasn't scammed.

Posts: 34 | Location: canada | Registered: April 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post