Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Fake? Is my Jericho autograph card from (Sprague Grayden) fake?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fake? Is my Jericho autograph card from (Sprague Grayden) fake?
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I think everyone pretty much relies on eBay for picking up individual cards. There is also something called COMC (CheckOutMyCards) that is sort of a marketplace mainly for sports cards, but it also has non-sport. You will often see COMC appearing as the seller in eBay card listings. I find a lot of their cards to be way overpriced and there is a whole trading component going on that doesn't interest me, so I don't use it. But you can look it up just to see something else.

Then there is the whole ePack thing going on over at Upper Deck. That's pack buying and trading and it also can involve COMC as shippers/storers. Again I don't do it, but it is an option if you can use it.

You're big problem for eBay and all the rest is being an international buyer. You might not be eligible to order certain things and the shipping costs will hurt you more and sometimes make it prohibitive to buy low cost cards because the shipping is more than what its worth. I don't know how you solve that except to try to talk to local card collectors with the same issue and see what they do.

As for Evan Peters, its a good choice even if you didn't get the best deal. He has potential for bigger things and I think he is running around with Halsey now. The AHS autograph card may turn out to be undervalued and will go up if he does anything big with his career.

Posts: 10407 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nicole_oncer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
I think everyone pretty much relies on eBay for picking up individual cards. There is also something called COMC (CheckOutMyCards) that is sort of a marketplace mainly for sports cards, but it also has non-sport. You will often see COMC appearing as the seller in eBay card listings. I find a lot of their cards to be way overpriced and there is a whole trading component going on that doesn't interest me, so I don't use it. But you can look it up just to see something else.

Then there is the whole ePack thing going on over at Upper Deck. That's pack buying and trading and it also can involve COMC as shippers/storers. Again I don't do it, but it is an option if you can use it.

You're big problem for eBay and all the rest is being an international buyer. You might not be eligible to order certain things and the shipping costs will hurt you more and sometimes make it prohibitive to buy low cost cards because the shipping is more than what its worth. I don't know how you solve that except to try to talk to local card collectors with the same issue and see what they do.

As for Evan Peters, its a good choice even if you didn't get the best deal. He has potential for bigger things and I think he is running around with Halsey now. The AHS autograph card may turn out to be undervalued and will go up if he does anything big with his career.

Huhuh! It's already a problem. Lots of sellers on Ebay charge so much for shipping. A card of 35 dollars for example with 20 dollars (sometimes even 30) shipping! If I count the total with tax it's really expensive. Not always easy to find something affordable. However, some cards Like Sprague was cheap and only a few dollars shipping then it's still affordable. Also everthing under 22 euro is tax free. I'm suprised there are many cards from actors I like under 22 euro.

There are a few UK sellers to. I bought most of my cards from UK sellers (also the Evan one) At this very moment it's still Tax free but will change soon with the UK leaving the EU. As for Evan oh well yes, not the best deal, but I'm happy I bought it and can't wait for it to arrive. Next time I will do more research for sure. Don't want to pay extra if I don't have to.

Posts: 29 | Location: The Netherlands  | Registered: March 04, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Definitely look in to Check out my cards. COMC.com and see if they ship to your country.

COMC is a marketplace somewhat like eBay, except nearly everything is fixed price. You can make offers on cards as well. There isn't trading on COMC at all. The benefit for COMC to someone overseas is that if they ship to your country you can consolidate shipments from many sellers in to one shipment which can drastically reduce shipping costs.

Most of the entertainment cards on COMC are newer, but there are some older cards as well. Like anything there are people with good prices and people with bad prices. It pays to search frequently.

There are some excellent dealers who post on here from time to time as well.

Also there are some other boards that have pretty active buy/sell/trade forums. I'm webjon on blowoutforums. If you happen to be on there feel free to message me with any questions you may have.

Welcome to the hobby!

Also Evan Peters is a great autograph -- pretty undervalued in my opinion.

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nicole_oncer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
Definitely look in to Check out my cards. COMC.com and see if they ship to your country.

COMC is a marketplace somewhat like eBay, except nearly everything is fixed price. You can make offers on cards as well. There isn't trading on COMC at all. The benefit for COMC to someone overseas is that if they ship to your country you can consolidate shipments from many sellers in to one shipment which can drastically reduce shipping costs.

Most of the entertainment cards on COMC are newer, but there are some older cards as well. Like anything there are people with good prices and people with bad prices. It pays to search frequently.

There are some excellent dealers who post on here from time to time as well.

Also there are some other boards that have pretty active buy/sell/trade forums. I'm webjon on blowoutforums. If you happen to be on there feel free to message me with any questions you may have.

Welcome to the hobby!

Also Evan Peters is a great autograph -- pretty undervalued in my opinion.

Thank so much for the tip. I bought a card from COMC. Just 5 dollars shipping To The Netherlands Smile Some are really good priced.

Posts: 29 | Location: The Netherlands  | Registered: March 04, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post