Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Your Top 10 Autograph Cards That You Own
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Top 10 Autograph Cards That You Own
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rwn410:
Gabriel Macht/The Spirit - The Spirit

. A few years later, and Suits became/is one of my favourite current shows on the box and very stylish in a different way. Harvey Specter is brilliant, quotable, and so I picked up Gabriel Macht's autograph. Getting one with the sticker actually aligned was some good eBay trawling. I was pleased to see Meghan Markle sign for Fringe and I've literally started binge-watching Orphan Black and hope to see Patrick J Adams sign for the upcoming set in a similar capacity to build my Suits set.

I've done the same thing regarding suits

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
It's good fun to try to compile certified autographs cards from a favorite show that has no sets from other sets where the same actors did appear.

And speaking of The Spirit, the small autograph list in that one was great. The movie is unwatchable and the product was probably the last nail in Inkworks' coffin, but the autograph cards are cheap (except for Jackson) and the actors have gone on to do other things. Plus there were some decent sketches in it, including a few by Pence. Thumb Up

Forget to mention, just in case people don't remember, every one of the seven autographs in The Spirit were redemptions. I don't know how easy it is to find boxes, I suspect they may be in bargain bins, but don't buy them looking for autos. I seem to believe that the sketches were seeded and there were costume cards.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Re: The Spirit- The Stana Katic autograph card is awesome and as she hasn't yet signed for any of Cryptozoic's Castle sets this may be it for an official Stana signed card.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Working on a series of Gilmore Girls autos. I don't have 10 yet but here is what I have.
Keiko Agena as Lane Kim (Americana)
Jared Padalecki as Dean (Supernatural)
Danny Strong as Dole (Buffy)
Gregg Henry as Mitchum Huntsberger (Star Trek)
Arielle Kebbel as Lindsey (Americana)
Krysten Ritter as Lucy (Veronica Mars)

Milo Ventimiglia as Jess Costume card (Will get around to the auto).

That leaves around 27 characters from the show I still need to get auto cards from if they do cards.

Edward Hermann has already passed.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Obi Wan Chrisobi:
I think that one of the problems is that the topic easily turns from folks talking about their favorite cards to bragging about their most valuable/rare cards. They aren't necessarily the same thing and some people might be intimidated to list their faves when others are bragging about their 18 case incentives and whatnot because they don't feel like their lists matter.
I thought about listing my ten favorites and the reasons why they matter to me but just never got around to it. I wanted to take a few days to really ponder my list but then I forgot about it Wink

But does that mean that owning something rare (and it being a favourite) means you are bragging by sharing it?

Speaking about my cards, my favourite card I listed was my Bond Mission Logs Full-Bleed Pierce Brosnan auto. Unfortunately for me it cost a lot of bloody money: being his first certified card and arguably best looking card tends to jack prices up some. It was more than I have ever spent on any card by a LONG way, and an amount I would never spend again unless Sean Connery or Timothy Dalton signed cards. It was a rare exception to my far more frugal spending habits.
I am the only person who can confirm that whilst a 'valuable' card (by 'book value') it would still be my favourite card if it was more common and worth a tenth what I paid for it.

For the sake of forum participation I would hope no-one sees my cards (or anyone one else) and thinks it's about bragging because apart from Brosnan, Janssen and James Earl Jones which I would call pricey...
- my Roger Moore was under £60/$90
- my Patrick Stewart card is worth a couple of dollars as a food Premium I had him sign at a convention for far less than any of his other X-men cards
- my Gillian Anderson was my best pull ever from my one and only box of X-Files Connections
- my Judi Dench cost a very reasonable £15/$25
- my Michael Caine I bought with an eBay money off coupon
- my Ian McKellen I got from Dynamic Forces direct for $16 when they were having an inventory clear-out after a heads up on this forum a couple years back
- and my Dan Castellaneta cost $20

Then there were some of my favourites I didn't post... my Leonard Nimoy LLAP card he gave away free with a t-shirt, my Sean Bean LOTR:FOTR card I snagged on eBay last month for a steal (£30), my Shatner Trek card I got signed at a convention for A LOT less than any other Trek card he has ever done or will do, my 6-Case Janssen WOB auto I got for a third of its going rate in a late night eBay auction with no competition (and the seller threw in the 3-Case Dench for £15!), my Sophie Marceau WOB I got for £30 at release, then a second one for £14.99 a few years later, and so on! Even seemingly expensive cards can be bought on the cheap. Nothing wrong with getting a bargain, and I don't see that as bragging, just more sharing the fun stories of good luck and excitement that can be found in this hobby.

I can't say why anyone else posts pictures of their 'high end' cards for lack of a better term, but what does the reason matter? Or the value? If someone posts 10 cards far more valuable (monetarily) than my 10, so what?
I would LOVE the Harrison Ford signature from Indiana Jones Heritage, but if someone posted it in this thread (and I know at least one lucky forum member pulled this card) then it won't make me enjoy my cards any less.

I would love to hear more of people's favourites and, more interestingly, why they are their favourites.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: X,

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
I would love to hear more of people's favourites and, more interestingly, why they are their favourites.

I would as well.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by rwn410:
Gabriel Macht/The Spirit - The Spirit

. A few years later, and Suits became/is one of my favourite current shows on the box and very stylish in a different way. Harvey Specter is brilliant, quotable, and so I picked up Gabriel Macht's autograph. Getting one with the sticker actually aligned was some good eBay trawling. I was pleased to see Meghan Markle sign for Fringe and I've literally started binge-watching Orphan Black and hope to see Patrick J Adams sign for the upcoming set in a similar capacity to build my Suits set.

I've done the same thing regarding suits

I would love a suits set. Its crying out for one!! Come on manufacturers!

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
As promised heres my top ten - (ten is used loosely here, my apologies for that. I started collecting in 2001, with Lord of the Rings - Fellowship of the Rings after watching QVC, and my quote after watching the programme - "Who's gonna pay 25 pounds for a Sean Bean - Boromir auto card?"

1. Christopher Lee (TTT) Topps 2002 - My very 1st pull from a box a cards - you never forget your first, and what a pull it was!!
2. Vin Diesel as Richard B Riddick (Riddick) Rittenhouse - Great auto, great actor - loved Pitch Black so much.
3. Claudia Black as Shazza (Pitch Black auto) - wow this was so hard to get hold of. Was really thrilled to get this one. It was one of my "holy grail" cards for so long
4. Patrick McGoohan from the Prisoner series 2 - Cards Inc - what can you say - I still look behind me sometimes and imagine being followed by a giant ball!
5. This is cheating really, but Rittenhouse issued 4 Stargate "sepia" autos from three different releases, I have Tapping / Judge from season 10, Shanks from Heroes and Richard Dean Anderson from Universe Series 2. A great idea from Rittenhouse for those of us who just wanted to paddle in the Stargate pool, although I have master sets not inc the sketches for the two Universe series.
6. Eric Sykes as Frank Bryce - Harry Potter - Goblet of Fire - my favourite comedian for so long. I didn't buy any boxes of this product , but this auto was important to me.
7. Roger Dean auto from the FPG series Roger Dean. It is number 820/1000 and shows card no35 Yessongs / Pathways - My fav piece of art from Roger Dean with his signature - priceless!!
8. Diana Rigg as Emma Peel in Avengers 50 (Strictly Ink/ Unstoppable), we waited so long for this auto, but it was worth the wait. Many thanks Justin for sourcing this one for me.
9. Frank Oz as Yoda Star wars AOTC - great auto, great puppeteer.
10. Judi Dench autos - well all of them really, a great actress, I guess I have a collection of 5, I think she has done more, Possibly 7 / 8, I know I don't have the double auto with Daniel Craig - Everyone of these is special to me.

Bubbling under - Jeffrey Palmer as Admiral Roebuck (Tomorrow Never Dies), Ronnie Barker as Edwin Cheshire - Avengers series 2 , Janet Fielding as Tegan - Dr Who series 3, Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia Organa Masterworks 2015 - I actually pulled this one - nice....There are more of course, but someone said just 10!

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve j:
As promised heres my top ten - (ten is used loosely here, my apologies for that. I started collecting in 2001, with Lord of the Rings - Fellowship of the Rings after watching QVC, and my quote after watching the programme - "Who's gonna pay 25 pounds for a Sean Bean - Boromir auto card?"

Isn't hindsight great?!? I snagged the Sean Bean back on FeeBay last month for £30 which I was chuffed to bits with given his strong price these days. Buying it as the first buyer brand new for 25 quid is something I wish I could have done! But I remember seeing a mail order ad in a magazine back in the day asking £40 each for the Buffy Series 1 autos thinking that was an awful lot of money. Yeah £40 for Alyson Hannigan or Joss Whedon. Just glad I don't collect Buffy or that memory would really sting.

quote:
Originally posted by steve j:
1. Christopher Lee (TTT) Topps 2002 - My very 1st pull from a box a cards - you never forget your first, and what a pull it was!!
2. Vin Diesel as Richard B Riddick (Riddick) Rittenhouse - Great auto, great actor - loved Pitch Black so much.
3. Claudia Black as Shazza (Pitch Black auto) - wow this was so hard to get hold of. Was really thrilled to get this one. It was one of my "holy grail" cards for so long
4. Patrick McGoohan from the Prisoner series 2 - Cards Inc - what can you say - I still look behind me sometimes and imagine being followed by a giant ball!
5. This is cheating really, but Rittenhouse issued 4 Stargate "sepia" autos from three different releases, I have Tapping / Judge from season 10, Shanks from Heroes and Richard Dean Anderson from Universe Series 2. A great idea from Rittenhouse for those of us who just wanted to paddle in the Stargate pool, although I have master sets not inc the sketches for the two Universe series.
6. Eric Sykes as Frank Bryce - Harry Potter - Goblet of Fire - my favourite comedian for so long. I didn't buy any boxes of this product , but this auto was important to me.
7. Roger Dean auto from the FPG series Roger Dean. It is number 820/1000 and shows card no35 Yessongs / Pathways - My fav piece of art from Roger Dean with his signature - priceless!!
8. Diana Rigg as Emma Peel in Avengers 50 (Strictly Ink/ Unstoppable), we waited so long for this auto, but it was worth the wait. Many thanks Justin for sourcing this one for me.
9. Frank Oz as Yoda Star wars AOTC - great auto, great puppeteer.
10. Judi Dench autos - well all of them really, a great actress, I guess I have a collection of 5, I think she has done more, Possibly 7 / 8, I know I don't have the double auto with Daniel Craig - Everyone of these is special to me.

Bubbling under - Jeffrey Palmer as Admiral Roebuck (Tomorrow Never Dies), Ronnie Barker as Edwin Cheshire - Avengers series 2 , Janet Fielding as Tegan - Dr Who series 3, Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia Organa Masterworks 2015 - I actually pulled this one - nice....There are more of course, but someone said just 10!

Really great list with a lot of variety.

Sold my LOTR:FOTR Chris Lee a while back (don't remember why!) at least you still have one - don't make my mistake. One of the best characters in the series.

I remember the Pitch Black autos being extremely tough cards to get, wasn't she an incentive?

Glad for the info on those Stargate autos. I saw them recently for the first time, and whilst I don't watch the show I thought they looked really nice cards and were a nicely executed style/idea by RA. Not having followed the various card series I couldn't figure out what set they were from or how many were in the series. They are a stunning set.

Oh how envious I am Rigg has not done a Bond auto yet. I went to the EMS show in London when Rigg was signing those: her first ever Avengers/trading cards and had the opportunity to get one. How I wished I was an Avengers fan in the slightest!!! A true holy grail card for a great many people that many thought would never happen. Bet those facsimile autographs Strictly Ink put out years before are a long distant memory.

I too, cherish all of my Judi Dench autos. Such a great actress and very underpriced for her calibre.

Which version of the Carrie Fisher auto did you pull out of curiosity?

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've started this a few times. . . and my list always changes. . . One thing I've realized in going through lists of cards I've owned is that we are incredibly lucky to have had an enormous number of famous folks sign for our little hobby.

Here are a list of some of my favorite autograph cards I've owned:

George Bush (Americana) -- forget politics -- a president signed autographs for our hobby!

Axl Rose (Allen and Ginter) -- I was excited when this card was announced, but thought there was about a zero percent chance the redemptions would be full filled. . . Very happy to be wrong about that!

Penn and Teller (Babylon 5). Penn and Teller are awesome, and this card is pretty cheap.

Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars). Loved Veronica Mars, and just about everything Kristen has been in.

Astronauts from the Paninin Century collection. This subset is exceptionally well done, one of the few autograph sets I ever chased.

Quentin Tarantino (Americana) (also Kevin Smith (Allen and Ginter))-- writer/director of some of my favorite films, one of the reasons I love the Americana/Pop Century sets is that we can get random autographs like these.

Britney Spears (Pop Century) huge pop star, and I won this directly from Leaf at an opening party so that made it extra cool.

Lindsay Lohan (Machete) this card is great, and the presentation is great. Love the on card signature.

Frank Frazetta (CI Supreme) Legendary artist, and I'll probably never have the opportunity to own even a sketch he's done.

Phil Rizzuto (National Pastime) -- the first autograph I pulled. I remember it like it was yesterday. . .

Tomorrow this list would be different. . . I wish all these cards were still in my collection.

5 Cards that would be in my top 10 if I had ever owned them:

Kate Upton (A&G)
Jessica Alba (Dark Angel)
Christina Aguilera
Evel Knievel (Sportkings)
Betty Page (Benchwarmer)

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bone
posted Hide Post
This is a tough one as there are too many. But If I were to choose, it'd be the these ones:

1. Gary Oldman (from Batman Begins) - has played many memorable characters onscreen: Count Dracula (Dracula), Drexl Spivey (True Romance), Norman Stansfield (Leon), Zorg (The Fifth Element), Mason Verger (Hannibal), Sirius Black (Harry Potter), etc.

2. Johnny Depp (from Charlie & the Chocolate Factory) - one of my favourite actors growing up (but not lately).

3. Arnold Schwarzenegger (from Terminator 3) - my favourite action star.

4. Jeff Bridges (from Iron Man) - The Dude!

5. Al Pacino (from Leaf Pop Century) - his first autograph card. Love his gangster movies. I hope Leaf gets Robert De Niro to sign next.

6. Tommy Lee Jones (from MIB 2) - for its rarity. Only 50 were signed I think.

7. Liam Neeson (from Batman Begins) - the dude single-handedly fought Batman, wolves, & the Albanian mafia. A total badass. Also trained Batman & Obi-Wan.

8. Harrison Ford (from Razor Pop Century) - Indiana Jones. Han Solo.

9. Benedict Cumberbatch - (from Star Trek: Into Darkness) - one of the most interesting actors at the moment.

10. Angelina Jolie (from Tomb Raider) - I've always wanted her autograph.

Posts: 78 | Location: Australia | Registered: August 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
A lot harder than I thought it would be to get it down to ten but here goes.

Nathan Fillion (Serenity)
Allison Scaliotti (Warehaouse 13)
Joey Lauren Adams (Pop Century)
Nolan North (Star Trek)
Felica Day (Buffy S7)
Neil Patrick Harris (Americana)
Stania Katic (The Spirit)
Melissa Joan Hart (Sabrina)
Rory Cochrane (CSI Miami)
Jewel Staite (Firefly)

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post