Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Panini Soccer Stickers on 60 Minutes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Panini Soccer Stickers on 60 Minutes
 Login/Join

Picture of AWR
posted
Great piece on Panini Soccer Stickers and Card Collecting on 60 Minutes last night.

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/...es-video-2022-11-20/

Was great to see the passion of collectors and made me feel happy to be part of the card collecting community.

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Completed my World Cup Sticker Album Smile, Enjoyed the clip, thanks for sharing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Now that is the sort of collecting that the non sport hobby can only dream about. Children from all over the world collecting the product at $1 per pack.

By the way this kid just completed his Panini Harry Potter card sets for Harry Potter Contact and Harry Potter Welcome to Hogwarts. Smile

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
My son is working on his book. He is 19 and still loves doing it. No care of value, just for the fun of it.

Not a fan of Panini including parallels this time.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:

Not a fan of Panini including parallels this time.

We didn't get the parallels in the UK edition.

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
That was a fun watch! Cool to see all the trading in the pursuit of finishing their albums. It’s cool that Panini has a program to help collectors finish their albums, too.

Nice info that they produce the same amount of stickers for each player.

Speaking of parallels, did anyone see that someone pulled a “one of one” sticker and they didn’t notice that it was a “one of one” sticker and ended up sticking it in their album only to notice later Eek I think they ended up putting the album on eBay.

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heroes For Hire:
That was a fun watch! Cool to see all the trading in the pursuit of finishing their albums. It’s cool that Panini has a program to help collectors finish their albums, too.

Nice info that they produce the same amount of stickers for each player.

Speaking of parallels, did anyone see that someone pulled a “one of one” sticker and they didn’t notice that it was a “one of one” sticker and ended up sticking it in their album only to notice later Eek I think they ended up putting the album on eBay.

Blimey, that would be a nightmare although they should have noticed it was a different colour!!! Panini's program to complete an album is good - you can order up to 50 stickers, and you can order up to 5 times.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Blimey, that would be a nightmare although they should have noticed it was a different colour!!!

Says in the description (354405354172) that they put in the album before the knew the rarity Eek

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heroes For Hire:
quote:
Blimey, that would be a nightmare although they should have noticed it was a different colour!!!

Says in the description (354405354172) that they put in the album before the knew the rarity Eek

And had one of one on it!!!! Shake Head

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
It's a crazy situation for the collector. The whole point of getting the stickers is to stick them in the album but once you do the potential value of the sticker is dead.
Of course if you are collecting the stickers for your own enjoyment then that does not matter.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
It's a crazy situation for the collector. The whole point of getting the stickers is to stick them in the album but once you do the potential value of the sticker is dead.
Of course if you are collecting the stickers for your own enjoyment then that does not matter.

I think if I got a One of One I'd sell it at the silly prices they are going for.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
And had one of one on it!!!! Shake Head

If one of these things are different from the other then it’s probably something that the could have been waited on. But maybe they didn’t want to buy more packs or utilize the Panini sticker program and just wanted to finish the album and then realized that “one of one” means something special Frown

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

I think if I got a One of One I'd sell it at the silly prices they are going for.

Yeah, could have easily bought a couple hundred more packs for that one sticker Cool